Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    Yeah, theres a possibility of me getting a first, but with the interview etc it took a week off my studying which was a major blow so I'm not so sure now! I know my 40 credit dissertation class was marked at a 1st but I've still got 80 credits worth of exams to get through, so that doesn't mean much at the moment unfortunately!

Fingers crossed, and good luck!
    I still haven't found out my dissertation mark, I think that will decide whether I get a 1.1 or a 2.1. My Uni is nearly as bad as MSC Recruitment at giving feedback and marks!

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmx55)
    I'm soundtracking the experience with the inimitable Blondie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH3Q_CZy968
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonky)
    Nice
    I thought it was a cool soundtrack too!!

I know this is annoying to some but I TOLD U ALL SO! I mentioned that it was going to be pushed back to end of may but it was brushed off. Now you can see why I think this process is a joke next to professional companies. My friends sometimes ask me if I got the job and I always reply with 'they will let me know in a few weeks' - they think its a joke because it sounds so stupid. After an interview, the maximum waiting period should be a week. The thing that really pisses me off is that the woman who answers the phone is so cocky, as if she cant remember what its like to wait for a reply after a job interview. They told us one thing and did another. I, for one, will be calling them everyday until I get my answer.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous! GraduateSK, if everyone else is like me, it's not that we didn't believe you it's just that we didn't want to believe you! It's so inconsiderate to just leave us hanging for so long when people have other job offers, exams to think about, general feelings of not wanting to be unemployed etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mateyface)
    This is ridiculous! GraduateSK, if everyone else is like me, it's not that we didn't believe you it's just that we didn't want to believe you! It's so inconsiderate to just leave us hanging for so long when people have other job offers, exams to think about, general feelings of not wanting to be unemployed etc.
    Its so upsetting. Why have back to back interviews with 800 people if you cant handle the admin?? The MSC team are so unprofessional. I know a woman called maxine foster is running the whole thing, I would like to send her a strong-worded letter (if I ever find her contact details on the net)..:mad:

Sorry for being extra mad. Even though I knew about this extra long wait, its only just really hit me now - I think I also didnt believe it myself!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes delays happen, I get that. But to just leave people hanging for another 3 weeks without even telling them of a delay is unprofessional and shows a complete lack empathy for those waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogchsg2)
    Completely useless, I just phoned also and they said those interviewed on day 1 should hear by the 17th may, those who got interviewed last by 30th may. They really should not be allowed to get away with this, we were specifically told 3 weeks, not 6-7!!! At least we all know now, pitty those who have not been contributing/reading this thread.
    I'm pretty sure I haven't got a position (had to blag a fair few questions I wasn't expecting), but it'd be nice to know either way, really don't understand what the hold up can be, didn't they have a session at the end of each interview day to add up the scores and assign the posts?

With the government shaking up the NHS I think they need to start with the half arsed admin staff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaTee)
    I'm pretty sure I haven't got a position (had to blag a fair few questions I wasn't expecting), but it'd be nice to know either way, really don't understand what the hold up can be, didn't they have a session at the end of each interview day to add up the scores and assign the posts?

With the government shaking up the NHS I think they need to start with the half arsed admin staff!
    that made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triwka)
    She said 3 weeks was "the wrong information" provided to us.. Yeah, slightly wrong - I just guess they couldn't say "2 months" on the interview day as people would get pissed off straight away!
    Well in that case they have also been giving the wrong information to all of their staff

http://www.nhsemployers.org/Planning...amme(STP).aspx

Quite tempted to ask if they have even calculated the total amount of points for each individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerobot)
    Well in that case they have also been giving the wrong information to all of their staff

http://www.nhsemployers.org/Planning...amme(STP).aspx
    Yeah, I know, I've seen that I guess as louisecc called shortly before me she decided to come up with a new excuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misanthropic)
    i am in the process of applying! hardly any1 knows what the hell a clinical scientist does or is, this thread is proof! I would love you get to talk to some like minded people on this - i'm from NI and there are hardly any clinical scientists to start with, let alone applicants for this years intake for Eng/Wales!

A clinical scientist can make up to £93,000 and this is actually achieveable within normal career development!
    What is the level of this degree ?is it undergraduate?

ReputationRep:
    she told me that it will take 3 weeks to make sure the scores are counted properly so there are no mistakes - surely they were taught maths at school? It doesn't take 3 weeks to crunch numbers. You dont even need to count if you have excel!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cute_wish)
    What is the level of this degree ?is it undergraduate?
    We will let you know in 3 weeks

Joke - its not a degree, its graduate training (although you do a Masters during it) .. google it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    that made me laugh.
    Well I'm sure it's no one person or departments fault and I appreciate that delays do inevitably happen, but a quick email to everyone to say 'sorry for the long wait but...' etc etc isn't that hard, and would also mean they didn't have to deal with hundreds of phone calls from thursday onwards, feel sorry for the people working that day lol

You never know, it could all be fine and letters will be at our doors in 48 hours (ha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaTee)
    Well I'm sure it's no one person or departments fault and I appreciate that delays do inevitably happen, but a quick email to everyone to say 'sorry for the long wait but...' etc etc isn't that hard, and would also mean they didn't have to deal with hundreds of phone calls from thursday onwards, feel sorry for the people working that day lol

You never know, it could all be fine and letters will be at our doors in 48 hours (ha)
    It wouldn't surprise me if an email was sent out on Thursday advising of a delay. Everyone would think it was finally THE email, and then want to scream!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone apply for the Immunology STP? - I did on the 11th and I'm going out my mind waiting to hear. To be fair the schedule does say the 28th so let's wait and see. I do think the process is fair but this wait is becoming a bit cruel. There are only a few things which are worse than the results of an interview to wait for in life. (waiting for the bill at frankie and bennies is nothing!)

The fact that we all know that the succesful applicants haven't been told yet gives me some comfort.

Good luck everyone and hope we all hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMS123)
    Anyone apply for the Immunology STP? - I did on the 11th and I'm going out my mind waiting to hear. To be fair the schedule does say the 28th so let's wait and see. I do think the process is fair but this wait is becoming a bit cruel. There are only a few things which are worse than the results of an interview to wait for in life. (waiting for the bill at frankie and bennies is nothing!)

The fact that we all know that the succesful applicants haven't been told yet gives me some comfort.

Good luck everyone and hope we all hear soon!
    As several people have been saying, it's unlikely anyone will hear this week and far more likely that everyone will know by the middle/end of may

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email stating the following:

"You should expect to hear from us within the next 2 weeks. You will receive an email whether you are successful or not".

(Medical Physics)

So no new information there!

ReputationRep:
    re. Medical physics
    I interviewed for medical physics just short of three weeks ago and called them to check the situation as I'm at conference next week and may be out of contact.
    She said that they hope to have the calls out tomorrow, but also said that it may be early Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I think I find it more worrying that everyone seems to be getting different information. Makes me think that they don't have a clue what's going on!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.