Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. I have contacte the hospitals directly and they're all quite shocked. Theres not much they can do if they've interviewed though.

Sambo-You can apply for the MSc now and then just decline the offer if you don't get a training post.

Manchester have short listed and sent letters for interviews at the end of last week.

ReputationRep:
    Sambo1980,

I know I was thinking like you, but I would get the applications done as soon as possible if I were you. The MScs as far as I can see, don't have definate last application dates so just get them in when you can. I'm sure they all have several dates for interview but if you're worried I would give them a call to check. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I just emailed all my posts to check if they have recieved my application but knowing my luck with email not everyone will get back to me. I still can't believe that noangel, its absolutely terrible. Someone should get fired for that - its such a serious mistake!

ReputationRep:
    Just found this: http://theloop.netplan.co.uk/~admin9...id=5&Itemid=47

YOu can download the new careers brochure for audiology and it seems to have lots of info about different aspects of the job.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine this is irrelevant as I have no hope of getting through the interview but I was just wondering when these positions actually start? Is it in the summer or September?

ReputationRep:
    I think its post specific

ReputationRep:
    With regards to NoAngel's situation, it is an absoloute joke. From the way you've described it, its kind of like they've just shrugged their shoulders in a "oh well" type attitude. Pathetic. Do they not realise its near impossible to have a chance at these jobs let alone being messed around at the earliest stage with no real justification or explanation. Made me quite angry actually. I'm quite glad I emailed the labs a while back now (in a flustered panicky manner) even though at the time I felt I was being a bit pushy, at least I got confirmation from 3/4 that they had received my application. What a bunch of amateurs! I'd be demanding an explanation and making some serious complaints.

ReputationRep:
    Hi mistryb,

They've said they're investigating, but whatever they say now won't make a difference that I've well and truly missed out. I can't believe how incomptent they are. If we're not successful, we don't necessarily hear anything- what if I hadn't asked? I might never have known that I'd never actually stood a chance. It's absolutely ridiculous and I'm just so confused about what I can do now in terms of whether I have any rights to complain etc. I'm so upset. I at least wanted to know I'd been considered fairly. I can't believe that the recruitment process is such a joke. I really wish I'd enquired sooner, but how was I to know?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any other chance to enrol later this year? NoAngel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire_Eyes)
    Is there any other chance to enrol later this year? NoAngel
    I may be able to look at the posts in July, see if there are any there. But I specifically chose certain posts for being close to home as I can't really move away that easily. On the plus side one of the posts are still shortlistin and are considering my application. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    That's truly shocking about your application NoAngel! Northgate really are terrible. I sent hard copies to each lab because I had so little faith in Northgate (and it was what the ACB recommended).

Thought I'd just let you all know that I've got an interview for Biochem in London. They said they had 260 applicants and they are interviewing 16, so I'm really pleased to have been shortlisted.

My NW interview is April 21st and my London one is April 28th. I also have an interview for Clinical Biochemistry in Scotland next week.

ReputationRep:
    jessthecat- well done on your interviews!! Four interviews is fantastic! Good luck )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoAngel)
    I may be able to look at the posts in July, see if there are any there. But I specifically chose certain posts for being close to home as I can't really move away that easily. On the plus side one of the posts are still shortlistin and are considering my application. Fingers crossed.
    Fingers crossed that something come from this from this or from the july application. I hope nothing happens again. Also

Good Luck to everyone who has either interviews or is shortlisted for interviews i hope you all get the job you want.

ReputationRep:
    congrats to every1 with interviews. Unfortunately I haven't made the shortlist for any . I am on the reserve list for South Central but am not holding out too much hope there! JesstheCat- have you heard anything from West Mids yet?

Am considering volunteering in a Path Lab one evening a week as a MLA. I don't think I can afford to do more than that whilst doing a PhD! Hopefully that would give me better experience and prove my commitment in next year's application!

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about your application NoAngel!The exact same thing happened to me with Northgate!
    I still havent heard back from any posts I applied for, I think Ive given up at this stage

ReputationRep:
    ^Me too, oh well I know what I need to do for next year.

ReputationRep:
    guys guys guys don't give up just yet!!!
    After northgate's **** up with noangels application I contacted all 4 of my labs. 3/4 have got back to me and none of them have even drawn up a short list! Now obviously all labs are going at their own pace so either keep hoping or even contact them without seeming cheeky and ask out right!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I asked outright. My emails just asked whether they'd shortlisted yet and whether an interview date had been set. I didn't ask about myself, just gave me an idea about when to expect a letter if one was going to come. (and obviously informed me that according to them I'd not even applied, haha!). I'm sure they don't mind people asking though.

ReputationRep:
    NorthLondon- I applied to South Central, London, West Mids, and East Mids(Leicester one). I spoke to East Mids today and they said they haven't shortlisted yet. West Mids said they were planning to send letters this week to shortlisted candidates- but alas, I've heard nothing. You and JesstheCat must have had very strong applications- any tips?

ReputationRep:
    NorthLondon- I emailed South Central and they told me I was on a reserve list.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.