Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For any unsuccessful BMS here is a job at ucl's cancer institute:

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engin...MwM2MzOTNkMDk=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCool83)
    I meet the person specification and have a 2:1 degree in Biomedical Sciences. I also have three and a half years of experience working in a Biochemistry lab. I hope I am just being paranoid because after waiting this long and being told that they are waiting for the Trust to get back to them so they can send me my letter, I do not want to be told that somehow they've screwed up and rejected me.
    I don't think that they will reject you, and I have my fingers crossed *metaphorically* for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenAli)
    I don't think that they will reject you, and I have my fingers crossed *metaphorically* for you!
    I hope they do not reject me now after all this waiting... Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCool83)
    I hope they do not reject me now after all this waiting... Thanks
    Fingers crossed for you!

I'm sure it will be good news :-)

ReputationRep:
    Gosh the forum has gone quiet, is anyone still waiting for results of interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive the "recommendation" email?

I'm a little confused and in doubt over what it means. Recommending you to a hospital of your choice..does that mean you got the offer?

I've been told the trust will contact me themselves regarding references, checks, etc but it's been over 1 week since the email and I've still not heard.

Anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owpowpowp)
    Did anyone receive the "recommendation" email?

I'm a little confused and in doubt over what it means. Recommending you to a hospital of your choice..does that mean you got the offer?

I've been told the trust will contact me themselves regarding references, checks, etc but it's been over 1 week since the email and I've still not heard.

Anyone else in this situation?
    Exactly the same. My understanding of the letter is that the trust has to make the offer, not West Midlands, that's why it's a recommendation not an offer. Logically, it's all fine and nothing can go wrong, but I'll be a lot happier when I've heard from the trust directly. I'd also quite like to know the start date! I emailed the trust but no reply yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmx55)
    Exactly the same. My understanding of the letter is that the trust has to make the offer, not West Midlands, that's why it's a recommendation not an offer. Logically, it's all fine and nothing can go wrong, but I'll be a lot happier when I've heard from the trust directly. I'd also quite like to know the start date! I emailed the trust but no reply yet.
    Same here! Still a bit nervy til its all signed and sealed myself.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a recommendation until they receive adequate references, successful CRB check, see official documentation, etc. Once they are happy with all of these, we'll get the official letter....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunsenhoneydew)
    It's only a recommendation until they receive adequate references, successful CRB check, see official documentation, etc. Once they are happy with all of these, we'll get the official letter....
    There needs to be an official conditional offer before these checks are made, and unless you've avoided mention of a previous conviction or lied about your qualifications I doubt there'll be problems.
    Is anyone else noticing a pattern in the use of words and phrases like 'shortly', 'soon' and 'in due course' by the nhs?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything else from audiology? all this waiting is interferring with my revision!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer for audiology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellisp)
    Has anyone had an offer for audiology?
    i rang them on tuesday and they said they hadnt sent any offers out and it might be today or the end of next week, but when i asked if i hadnt heard anything was that good they just said they couldnt say as they hadnt sent anything out yet even though some people have posted on here that they have had rejection or reserve emails so basically im as clueless as i was before i rang !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura5358)
    anyone heard anything else from audiology? all this waiting is interferring with my revision!
    Keep Calm & Carry On

ReputationRep:
    anyone waiting to hear from audiology they have sent out all rejections and reserves now so they are just waiting for trusts to get back to them so if you havnt heard then uve been recommended

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place for Biochem! I was on the reserve list so wasn't expecting to hear back....

If you're on the reserve list don't give up hope!

Soooo happy! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_Notts)
    I've been offered a place for Biochem! I was on the reserve list so wasn't expecting to hear back....

If you're on the reserve list don't give up hope!

Soooo happy! :-)
    Well done! Did someone drop out?

Where will you be? West Midlands by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1b2c3d4e)
    Well done! Did someone drop out?

Where will you be? West Midlands by any chance?
    They must of dropped out.

I'll be at Preston, not a place i would of chosen but I'll go anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    Within an hour of accepting the trust gets in contact with me! Arranged a visit fr next week to discuss what I'll be doing.

Wait months to hear from the recruitment centre and have things sorted within a day with the trust! Typical!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been following this thread for a good 6 weeks now and have shared the pain of the long wait HR have put us all through!

I was just wondering who has been offered and accepted a place with St Georges Trust? I have got a place on Medical Physics and wanted to find out who the other clinical scientists are going to be for this autumn? Apparently there are 10 of us, something I was surprised to hear when I went for my pre-employment check yesterday- good result though!

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.