Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspired_shb)
    Hey,

I've been following this thread for a good 6 weeks now and have shared the pain of the long wait HR have put us all through!

I was just wondering who has been offered and accepted a place with St Georges Trust? I have got a place on Medical Physics and wanted to find out who the other clinical scientists are going to be for this autumn? Apparently there are 10 of us, something I was surprised to hear when I went for my pre-employment check yesterday- good result though!

Thanks
    way to spoil the moment when you all meet for the first time

becomes awkward moment of "hey, did we chat on the student room?"

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe this is still going on! I got rejected from Medical Physics, so stop reading this a while again. Just thought I would check to see what people are talking about "after" the whole process is sorted out to find that it isn't sorted out! Can't believe it (well I can given their previous record, but I'm still very surprised).

I applied for the other Radiotherapy place that was shown here, but wasn't even shortlisted for that! Also applied for the trainee electronic engineer job and got an interview. Think a "higher power" is telling me where to take my career

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been following this thread for a good 6 weeks now and have shared the pain of the long wait HR have put us all through!

I was just wondering who has been offered and accepted a place with St Georges Trust? I have got a place on Medical Physics and wanted to find out who the other clinical scientists are going to be for this autumn? Apparently there are 10 of us, something I was surprised to hear when I went for my pre-employment check yesterday- good result though!

Thanks
    Hey,

How long did you have to wait after being recommended to your trust before they first got into contact with you. It's been a couple of weeks now for me, can't help being slightly worried. Also, what were the pre-employment checks? Did you have to show proof of all the vaccinations you have had or do they just do a blood test? I reckon it will take me a while to gather up records of all the jabs I've had so would be useful to know now if they need them.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry too much dan, im still waiting to hear anythign at all from the trust i was recomended too, and that was nearly 3 weeks ago now. Im going to email the MSC lot tuesday to try and get some form of contact info so i can ask teh trust whats going on!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Thanks
    Another George's! Good to meet you I'm one of the clinical engineers and triwka (on this thread) is the other one. I only thought there were seven - two engineers and five physicists?

Kristina (triwka) and I haven't heard anything at all but I'm sure it won't be long. What exactly was your 'pre-employment check'?

ReputationRep:
    hi ive been offered a place at king edward VII hospital berkshire for audiology anyone else get a place for anything down that way and know the area? dont know if i can afford to move that far down south ?

laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura5358)
    hi ive been offered a place at king edward VII hospital berkshire for audiology anyone else get a place for anything down that way and know the area? dont know if i can afford to move that far down south ?

laura
    Last year I moved down south it would be soo expensive but on this starting salary you wil be fine! (I'm assuming audiology is the same as physics) Most hospitals have accomadation which is cheaper and as the training includes an MSc you coudl see if you can get student accomadation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonathan)
    Another George's! Good to meet you I'm one of the clinical engineers and triwka (on this thread) is the other one. I only thought there were seven - two engineers and five physicists?

Kristina (triwka) and I haven't heard anything at all but I'm sure it won't be long. What exactly was your 'pre-employment check'?
    Seriously though, how awkward? Have you George people even thought about how awkward it'll be when you see each other for the first time??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owpowpowp)
    Seriously though, how awkward? Have you George people even thought about how awkward it'll be when you see each other for the first time??
    Exactly why would it be awkward?? Its only awkward if you've represented yourself as an idiot on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5t4r)
    Exactly why would it be awkward?? Its only awkward if you've represented yourself as an idiot on the internet.
    do it then

ReputationRep:
    do it then
    Thanks for your permission, you moron..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vaah)
    Dont worry too much dan, im still waiting to hear anythign at all from the trust i was recomended too, and that was nearly 3 weeks ago now. Im going to email the MSC lot tuesday to try and get some form of contact info so i can ask teh trust whats going on!
    Please let us know what you find out from MSC people. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1b2c3d4e)
    Please let us know what you find out from MSC people. Thank you!
    Hey got the response i expected really, they gave me a contact email address and the name of the person. Then said that the trust would contact me directly as and when.

So keep on waiting i guess

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd leave a little comment in reference to this "owpowpowp" character.
    Had a little look at his or her public profile, the only posts in this thread have been the last two regarding some apparent awkwardness of meeting people your going to work with. Furthermore, looking at the other posts by "owpowpowp" it appears that this is a continuation of a trend, i.e. you, "owpowpowp", go onto forums and try to start arguments by saying stupid things. Which also means you probably didn't even apply for this training scheme, which is a good job because you clearly wouldn't have got it. Once again, Moron.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am interested in applying for this next year and was wondering how much experience people who got onto it this have? or if any is needed?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I am new here... have been reading your posts and quickly realised I really do not know anything about nhs clinical training

hoping you guys can answer some of my questions... although a little silly...

so here it goes: I am very interested in the clinical embryology training, I am based in London and wouldnt want to relocate if possible. I dont think there were places available in london for year 2011 entry. I am planning to apply for year 2012.

first question: is the recruitment through the nhs website only? i mean, can you apply to a private lab and still get the training? how does this whole thing work?

second question: i certainly need to get at least some months of experience in a clinical embryology lab/fertility centre, how do i do this? do people just write countless e-mails to fertility centres asking for some voluntary position and hope for one of them to reply?

third question: does anybody know if there will be openings in london? i mean, 2 years with no places, is it possible?

well, thank you guys ever so much... i know silly questions mine... but i really like clinical embryology and desperately need some clarification on the application process

ReputationRep:
    susy..
    Do you already have a degree? I'm not sure if that has to be fully completed before applying rather than applying in your final year.

ReputationRep:
    hello!!!

Thanks for your reply... i was starting to loose hope...

yes degree and post grad so as far as qualifications go i should be fine... just a little confused about the whole application process, as i said in my previous post i am not sure the only route in the nhs one or how to get a voluntary placement and so forth...

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm currently on a gap year and doing my final year this september so unsure if I can apply in Feb 2012? I'm pretty sure from the countless things I have read that it is only through the NHS. I am trying to get the details of hospital laboratories around where I live to get some experience. It is very confusing..

ReputationRep:
    ya right? i am very confused too!!

let's hope somebody else can answer our questions...

...IS ANYBODY THERE????

THANK YOU ;o)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.