Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1b2c3d4e)
    Interesting document, thanks for sharing. I suppose no one knows which university would be offering their Msc yet?
    Yeah, thanks for that. It'd be really good if the trusts started disseminating this kind of information...

ReputationRep:
    Are there any clinical biochemists that are going to be based in London still following this thread?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about which hospital they're going to be based at? I was told initially that there would be a meeting sometime in June to decide this but haven't heard anything since my pre-employment interview 3 weeks ago.............

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything before I email the trust to find out whats going on! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I talked to the head of bimedical engineering at surrey uni today - and he said Surrey didn't get it for clinical engineering. He doesn't know which uni did, and doesn't know which other ones applied (apart from Kings).
    he started muttering stuff about which uni's applied for medical physics and who got it ....but I wasn't paying that much attention, as I was just about to do my viva lol.

BUT the universities should all now know .....so in theory we should soon all find out dates and when/how/where the academic part will be run!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisecc)
    BUT the universities should all now know .....so in theory we should soon all find out dates and when/how/where the academic part will be run!

Thanks for the update, and hope your viva was successful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisecc)
    Thanks for the info! I hope we'll receive some news soon! Gosh, I didn't quite realise it's only one Uni for all locations..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh1984)
    Are there any clinical biochemists that are going to be based in London still following this thread?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about which hospital they're going to be based at? I was told initially that there would be a meeting sometime in June to decide this but haven't heard anything since my pre-employment interview 3 weeks ago.............

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything before I email the trust to find out whats going on! Thanks.
    I'm in London for Biochem but haven't heard anything more about this meeting - maybe they are waiting until after the MSc is sorted out? But it would be nice to find out exactly where we are going soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e1504)
    I'm in London for Biochem but haven't heard anything more about this meeting - maybe they are waiting until after the MSc is sorted out? But it would be nice to find out exactly where we are going soon!
    Thanks for this - glad its not just me still waiting! Thats a good idea about the msc, maybe i'll wait until next week before I start bugging them!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from Barts about Haematology. MSC recruitment seem to have washed their hands of the process now, and the person I emailled at Barts hasn't replied. I'm hoping everything is still on!

ReputationRep:
    were there any neurophysiology posts this year? Or were they just audiology?

ReputationRep:
    From what I've gathered, the trusts aren't giving anyone information because they dont know it yet. Apparently there is still lots of organisation to be done before the trusts even know the plans. I'm sure they will let us know as soon as they do.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have read in the first couple of pages of the thread that people have arranged laboratory visited. I was wondering how this can be done, is it just a matter of calling and asking and i dont really understand what you would do during the visit. thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen in this weeks New Scientist an advert for 4 more posts in Scotland (1 Microbiology, 2 Genetics and 1 Radiotherapy/Health Physics). Deadline is on 22nd July and it is for this years intake. See links below for more info
    http://www.newscientistjobs.com/jobs...1401191394.htm
    http://www.newscientistjobs.com/jobs...1401191395.htm
    http://www.newscientistjobs.com/jobs...1401191397.htm

ReputationRep:
    Anyone after medical physics work experience:
    http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacde...tion=912683864

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any closer to getting their unconditional offer of employment letter? I am still waiting for starter pack to arrive - can't understand why its taking so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1b2c3d4e)
    Has anyone got any closer to getting their unconditional offer of employment letter? I am still waiting for starter pack to arrive - can't understand why its taking so long.
    You're not alone, I'm still waiting too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenAli)
    I still haven't heard from Barts about Haematology. MSC recruitment seem to have washed their hands of the process now, and the person I emailled at Barts hasn't replied. I'm hoping everything is still on!
    Further to my previous post, I have heard back from Bart's and they have withdrawn from the STP due to staff cuts, so now I am in limbo. They didn't email me to let me know that they were withdrawing, and took about a week to reply to my email.

They have put it in the hands of the Dept of Health to try and find me another trainee post for Haematology. I presume that if they can't find somewhere that I won't have a place after all!

In the mean time, I have turned down a Masters place and two job interviews, which I could have gone to because I thought I was going to London!

ReputationRep:
    Further to my previous post, I have heard back from Bart's and they have withdrawn from the STP due to staff cuts, so now I am in limbo. They didn't email me to let me know that they were withdrawing, and took about a week to reply to my email.

They have put it in the hands of the Dept of Health to try and find me another trainee post for Haematology. I presume that if they can't find somewhere that I won't have a place after all!

In the mean time, I have turned down a Masters place and two job interviews, which I could have gone to because I thought I was going to London!

I'm so sorry to hear that :-(

I hope you get place elsewhere. Fingers crossed! xx

ReputationRep:

That is so sad! Had they already sent you a contract and everything? If so you have room to complain, if not I guess it's just a lesson to learn. Don't give anything up until you have a job offer in writing. Company phoned my sister up saying she got the job with them and she didn't hear anything for a while they then phoned her again a week later saying that they changed the project and needed someone with different skills and she didn't have s Job anymore and this wasn't a min wage shifty job it was quite a well paid graduate job with a seemingly respectable company!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to swap locations with someone by mutual agreement? Also, does anyone know where I can find a detailed map of what the training will involve as in what will happm in the first year, second year and third year?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCool83)
    Does anyone know if it's possible to swap locations with someone by mutual agreement? Also, does anyone know where I can find a detailed map of what the training will involve as in what will happen in the first year, second year and third year?
    Thanks in advance
    http://www.networks.nhs.uk/nhs-netwo...ood%20sciences

Hope this link helps :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.