Turn on thread page Beta

I emailed them about it. Will update as soon as i find out anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triwka)
    One of the possible changes is a nationwide recruitment - it might be that instead applying to individual trust everyone would have to apply to one central location which will select candidates for the interview. Also, I believe candidates may not even be able to state their preferences for a certain trust.
    What does this mean, in practical terms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonPi)
    What does this mean, in practical terms?
    Than you might have to apply for the scheme in general without being able to state any location preferences.

Apparently they are finalising the applications so we shouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triwka)
    Than you might have to apply for the scheme in general without being able to state any location preferences.
    So... they could just place someone anywhere in the country? :/

Spain has a similar setup. But the "top" candidate chooses their preferred location, then the second candidate... the third... and so forth. The last successful candidate just takes whatever position is left over (or rejects it and reapplies the following year).

ReputationRep:
    A quick question, these posts when they are advertised on NHS jobs are they just advertised as the speciality name, eg audiologist etc, rather than SPT training?

ReputationRep:
    FYI I just read on the north west clin science site that posts will be advertised 9th-27th feb, if you go to http://www.nwhcs.nhs.uk/ theres some details
    S

ReputationRep:
    Apparently job apps will go live next week and will be advertised in New Scientist. Application process will be fully centralised by NHS West Midlands, but initial steps will be similar to UCAS - i.e. you will only need to send in one application with personal statement etc. and then just state 3 or 4 preferred locations.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ipem.ac.uk/newsandmedia/l...uidleines.aspx

Interviews May to June? So during exams? Bloody brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    When it says regions, does that mean like north west etc or is it more specific?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahM1983)
    FYI I just read on the north west clin science site that posts will be advertised 9th-27th feb, if you go to http://www.nwhcs.nhs.uk/ theres some details
    S
    Hi
    Just read the attached pdf's on the website you gave, what do they mean my direct applications and in-service applications (getting permisson from your manager to apply).

I am keen to apply this year as I have been told that there will be one advertised in my department, they have never offered one in the past, does this mean I would be classed as an in-service applicant and need my managers permission? I also would want to apply for two others, to make use of my three applications, so I guess that would be classed as direct applications?
    Sorry if I'm getting this all wrong, its just very different from last year, guess they found that did not work as well for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioblue)
    Hi
    Just read the attached pdf's on the website you gave, what do they mean my direct applications and in-service applications (getting permisson from your manager to apply).

I am keen to apply this year as I have been told that there will be one advertised in my department, they have never offered one in the past, does this mean I would be classed as an in-service applicant and need my managers permission? I also would want to apply for two others, to make use of my three applications, so I guess that would be classed as direct applications?
    Sorry if I'm getting this all wrong, its just very different from last year, guess they found that did not work as well for them.
    You're only in-service if your department have said they want you for the post... if you apply as in-service you either get the job at your department or no job at all as they wont offer in-service applicants other locations.

But you could always ask your department?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have been trying to research the STP for ages and intend to apply this year (hopefully any day now). I understand that a lot of people posting on here are concerned with the biomed and engineering applications. However I am looking at the physiological sciences. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the application and interview process. And whether work experience is essential at the application. Because at the moment I only have experience with patients from my dissertation study, and I am still working to secure a placement.

Thanks for any help. Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I know theres an application website, but are the posts not advertised on the www.jobs.nhs.uk website this year? Im hoping to apply for the life sciences posts and wanted to find out more information about what changes are taking place this year compared to last year, and want to know which University the Masters degree will be taught at. Anyone know anything?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Could anyone find any STP advertisement today on the NHS website?!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've been following this thread since last year's round of application and figured it's probably time to stop lurking and join the fun now that applications have opened...

Can any of last year's successful applicants let us know how you are finding the training and MSc? Particularly if you are on the microbiology pathway

ReputationRep:
    I can't see the adverts ... am I looking in the wrong place?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

I've started my application.......I was wondering if anyone has anymore info about this online test we have to do???

I have asked my manager about it but he has no idea as they are only offering an in-service post, therefore the application process is different and no online tests have to be completed.

Do you think we will have to do it before they shortlist? How do you think they will organise it? Maybe I will find out once I've submitted my application over the weekend x

ReputationRep:
    People who cannot find the adverts really need to read the nhs careers website. This page has the link to the application and the locations: http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/hcsi_how_to_apply.shtml

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.