Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssjay22)
    can anyone give me a link to this facebook page please??!
    http://www.facebook.com/NHSGraduateScheme

ReputationRep:
    This may be a dumb question, but what do you wear to this kind of interview (if you're male)? So far I've only had PhD interviews, and they will get by on jeans and tshirts.

Is a suit overkill, or is a shirt overkill?

ReputationRep:
    I was at the interviews last year and all the guys were in suits...so I would recommend a suit :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely suits, even for girls. People were very smart last year (visually and mentally)!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be checking my email every 5mins next week!

Sorry if I confused anyone about the assessment centre thing - I went through the FAQ and website and in the end I was just getting my threads mixed up when looking at Laura130490's posts (having a nosey as I was intrigued about some of the posts i saw in that argument you were having). I hope the management assessment day doesn't clash if you are lucky enough to get the STP interviews. You have been busy with applications!!!! I think I should get some more done but anything that isn't STP just doesn't appeal right.

Good Luck Everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Layla1985)
    I'll be checking my email every 5mins next week!

Sorry if I confused anyone about the assessment centre thing - I went through the FAQ and website and in the end I was just getting my threads mixed up when looking at Laura130490's posts (having a nosey as I was intrigued about some of the posts i saw in that argument you were having). I hope the management assessment day doesn't clash if you are lucky enough to get the STP interviews. You have been busy with applications!!!! I think I should get some more done but anything that isn't STP just doesn't appeal right.

Good Luck Everyone!
    The NHS management one? I had the final AC ages ago for that, waiting to hear back from it now. The only other thing I have applied for is a local government scheme and the AC for that is April 13th. I really haven't applied for many things, I've looked through hundreds and hundreds of schemes and only applied for three (including this one) because they were the only ones that interested me. I actually was interested in applying for this years ago when I first heard about it. If you look through the thread I made a few posts way way back asking questions about whether I would be a suitable applicant or not. That's why I got so annoyed at someone suggesting I was just applying for any scheme that was local and didn't really care.

I don't want to argue with anyone on here, but if I feel like someone is having a dig at me I'm going to defend myself. I'm just keeping my options open in case I don't get on the scheme because financially I cannot afford to be out of work for another year. If other people can or currently have jobs then that's great, but I'm already in enough debt as it is.

If me applying to other schemes annoys you all (I'm guessing from the negs it does)then just let me know, I won't post on here again because I don't want to keep getting into arguments and annoying people, I only come on here for advice. I'll just lurk from now on lol

Edit- Instead of just negging my posts all the time why don't you reply to what I've posted? Hard to figure out what people have so much of a problem with if they never reply and just neg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Japryan)
    ...I did and you got upset and ranty. I can only assume that other people felt a bit similar. There is nothing wrong with keeping your options open, it is sensible to do so but to make it known to a forum full of people who are dreaming of this chance that you have applied to 4 specialities and 2 other training programmes (outside of science), well you have to expect that some of them may get a little annoyed.

That being said, best of luck and let us all know how you get on. You have contributed to this thread a lot and it would be a shame for you not to continue doing so - we need to work together and share information. No hard feelings I hope.

I apologise if I over reacted to your posts, I felt like you were making a dig at me so went on the defensive. It's a very stressful time for me at the moment.

I didn't really expect people to get annoyed because it doesn't matter to me why people apply for things and whether they have applied to other things or not. I think at the end of the day the best person will get the job, and if someone lacks interest or motivation the interviewers will see through this pretty quickly. No one has cared on the other threads I have posted in, and a lot of other people (on those threads) have applied to multiple unrelated schemes and no one has batted an eye lid. So I didn't foresee that it would be a problem on here.

I didn't mean to annoy or offend anyone, and I appreciate that it might look like I don't care about the scheme (which isn't true). At the same time though it would be nice if people were a bit less judgemental and could understand that not everyone is in a position where they can pin all their hopes on one job or continue with higher education until they get on this scheme. Like I've said before I don't want to argue or annoy people, but I'm not going to apologise for being honest and doing what is right for me and my family.

If people don't like me posting then I'll stop (just pm me or tell me on here), but I'd rather just forget all this and move on with no hard feelings?

ReputationRep:
    do you think we'll hear back soon even if we haven't been invited to interview? I guess they will tell us all, just not tell the unlucky ones for a while after the lucky few have been invited to interview. Basically we can get excited if we see an email from them in the next few days yes? I'm scared i've got my hopes up sooooo much and will probs be v disappointed some time soon but there is still hope until we know otherwise i suppose... I know there'll be other people feeling the same waiting out there, so that makes me feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlegirlbigworld)
    do you think we'll hear back soon even if we haven't been invited to interview? I guess they will tell us all, just not tell the unlucky ones for a while after the lucky few have been invited to interview. Basically we can get excited if we see an email from them in the next few days yes? I'm scared i've got my hopes up sooooo much and will probs be v disappointed some time soon but there is still hope until we know otherwise i suppose... I know there'll be other people feeling the same waiting out there, so that makes me feel a bit better
    First don't assume you haven't got it yet. Try to relax. Next look out on here for other people doing your specialty announcing interviews. It LOOKS like they'll be sending announcements at the same time for each specialty so that no one gets an unfair chance to choose their interview time. Also, it's normally bad to obsessively check emails but if you think the interview time is really going to be important, the interview booking is on a first come first served basis so checking every so often may be helpful. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had a positive response from Scotland yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moff13)
    Anyone had a positive response from Scotland yet?
    For which stream? because I got a letter saying I didn't get it for medical physics and I know that they had the interviews for that last week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbanggeek)
    For which stream? because I got a letter saying I didn't get it for medical physics and I know that they had the interviews for that last week
    I got a rejection from Scotland too but I imagine there's more applicants per place for Scotland so no worries. Did you get an England invite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mateyface)
    I got a rejection from Scotland too but I imagine there's more applicants per place for Scotland so no worries. Did you get an England invite?
    Ye my friend was telling me for Scotland all the other applicants had phd's in some part of med phys :eek:
    No i haven't got anything so im guessing its a no as the invites went out on friday congrats on your interview! hope it goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    How do you know they have been interviewing? I haven't heard anything by post or email? My account just says " Your applications is being considered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moff13)
    How do you know they have been interviewing? I haven't heard anything by post or email? My account just says " Your applications is being considered?
    Because i know someone who was invited for an interview last week for medical physics which is why i asked which stream you applied to. Ye i know my account still says that even though i got a letter on friday saying i didn't get it

ReputationRep:
    Because i know someone who was invited for an interview last week for medical physics which is why i asked which stream you applied to. Ye i know my account still says that even though i got a letter on friday saying i didn't get it
    Oh that sucks, best of luck with the rest of your job search or applying next year if that's what you decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mateyface)
    Oh that sucks, best of luck with the rest of your job search or applying next year if that's what you decide.
    Thanks Hope the interview goes well!
    I'm still waiting on Wales lol wonder if anyone on here has heard back from them...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    has anyone received a reply today?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing not as no one has said anything on here at all, I know I havent got an interview email yet :-( I wonder if they send an email if you havent got an interview? I guess if it moves from biochem to the next discipline then it means i havent got one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfptwenty)
    I'm guessing not as no one has said anything on here at all, I know I havent got an interview email yet :-( I wonder if they send an email if you havent got an interview? I guess if it moves from biochem to the next discipline then it means i havent got one.
    I am assuming that they would contact everyone. It would be a little unfair if they didn't reply to all of us to tell us the outcome of our application. how would you know if they have moved from a certain discipline to the next?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.