Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wow, how exciting NoAngel... So are u just getting all prepared for the masters then? Im glad it all worked out for u :-) shamknly, yeh, is that where ur interview was?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I just got a reply from them that I am over qualified and they have trouble to get work visa!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I didnt get it either :-( but they never said why so going to ring up. Did they actually say in your letter that u were over qualified? Have u thot of applying for the higher posts?
    Not sure if theres any more relevant posts out there too?

ReputationRep:
    NoAngel I was wondering if I could get some advice from you...Now that I didnt get the job my options are - do my masters(which i got an unconditional offer ) or do the top up modules to get registered which I've also got place for. Wanted to keep all my options open. What do u think is the best thing for me to do,or would give me alot more skills and help with the job front. I cant decide whats the best options as they both have their pluses.

ReputationRep:
    @star6glimmer
    well I got an email. But the good news is that I am getting a better post job in the same lab.
    They said i did well in the lab and they are pleased to offer this job. However, I have to sort out my work visa, which is the worst part.
    Good luck for you!!

ReputationRep:
    Shamknly- sorry for the delay, have been away all weekend.

I'm worndering if my job works slightly differently, I have to do a masters to get my job. However, which of your options takes longest? And are either of the routes funded or do you need to find fees/ living costs? Also, is there a better chance of a job offer after the masters compared with the top up modules?

ReputationRep:
    Hi NoAngel- Well I had already applied for a masters in the summer before the job interview but it had nothing to do with the job. Both routes-masters and top up modules are self funded but I've chosen the masters as its a far better qualification. I think with the masters I'll be able to apply to a broader spectrum of jobs. The plus side to the top up would be that I'll get HPC registered.
    However I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of jobs so -fingers crossed I'll hear back.

Anyway I'm off to Ibiza on thurs so cant wait, will be nice to get a break before I start uni again! lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the masters in that case. Seems like it'll be more useful in the long term- good luck with the jobs!! So excited, yet terrified about starting mine in a couple of weeks. Have a fab time in Ibiza and be ready to come back to all the hard work!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    is anyone applying for 2010 start?
    You've asked that question five times!

ReputationRep:
    so what!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    You've asked that question five times!
    I've asked it five times and no1 has answered. What is it to you anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    I've asked it five times and no1 has answered. What is it to you anyway?
    Because people have answered, about three people from what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    Well kindly quote them. I dont recall anyone saying they are applying for the application process coming up this November to me directly. Its funny how everyone ignores you when a response is needed but STICK THEIR BIG NOSE IN when its not needed. You must be very smart indeedy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi graduateSk, had a little look I might actually apply for it. Can u view vacancies yet? Managed to get a 1 week placement at my local hospital! Hopefully that will help the applications a tad.
    Shamknly-I forgot to congratulate you on your job!Well done :-) Have u started and whats ur title?
    NoAngel, yeh I'm pretty nervous about starting next week...Should be good tho ;-)

ReputationRep:
    GraduateSK- last year the vacancies were only visible once the application process began- so that;s the 2nd Nov this year. The majority went on straight away but a few more followed for a couple of months, so it's worth holding on before sending your application. Well done for getting the work experiece, I'm sure it'll look good on all your applications.

ReputationRep:
    can a pharmacology student apply for this?

ReputationRep:
    rafer- don't see why not. Check the full details on the website, some vacancies require a more specific degree, but depends which speciality you'd like to go into

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm applying for Medical Physics trainee position for the 2010 intake, does anyone have any tips for the interview?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Amyloov - from what I have heard, the difficult bit is actually getting them to give you an interview in the first place. Have you got any work experience? What is your background? I heard that if you dont have a 2.1 or higher they throw out your application almost immediately :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing work experience in a medical physics department, I'm doing my 3rd year project in a medical physics department, i've done a supplementary module on medical physics at uni, and i've just finished a nuffield project on optics, which can be applied to medical physics, even though its not directly related... and I hope I'm getting 2.1 or a first... If not I'd be screwed for a job anyway

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.