Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshie83)
    Ive applied to genetics too. Anyone heard anything from any of the genetics labs?
    Thanks
    Hey - have you applied to birmingham? I called and they said after easter they should be letting everyone know about interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spiccato)
    Hi Drywater,

Well, it is a learning curve for everybody, no regrets if you learn something...I am applying for Leeds and Manchester. I haven't heard from them yet (Northgate just told me today that my applications are with them so at least I know nobody screw it) so playing the waiting game.

No idea from Leeds...
    Manchester to be hold on 13th? Did you get that from them?
    Anybody knows when London and SC may happen?

I am leaving a 45K job for this so better I get some e-mails soon!!!!!:eek3:

All the best.

S.
    London interviews are late april, not sure on exact date though and sc are 20th april

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yatsy)
    any1 heard anything about biochem post?
    Heard from south central, interview 20th april, they seem to have shortlisted really quickly! haven't heard about any others don't know if thats because of being unsuccessful or just because they haven't shortlisted yet. It's so nerve-wracking, the waiting game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clinical biochem wanabe)
    Heard from south central, interview 20th april, they seem to have shortlisted really quickly! haven't heard about any others don't know if thats because of being unsuccessful or just because they haven't shortlisted yet. It's so nerve-wracking, the waiting game!
    Tell me about that...! Thanks for the confirmation in SC. I will post any news from Leeds or London if they invite me for an interview.

Best of luck on the 20.

S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clinical biochem wanabe)

I applied to South Central for Clin Biochem, but never heard anything. Although I only got an email from Northgate on Monday saying that they'd passed on my application forms. Perhaps SC will be looking through more applications, then contacting more people for interviews.

I also applied for clin biochem at Bristol, Manchester and Notts/Derby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marabak)
    Hey guys. First time poster here

I applied for Medical Physics in Reading group, Birmingham group, Manchester group and Leicester.

I have an interview tomorrow in Oxford (Reading group) and one next Friday in Stoke (Brum group), and it is nerve wrecking Especially the Stoke one, as I have to do an 8min presentation on powerpoint.

Still haven't heard back from Manchester/Leicester yet though.
    Hey I got the Stoke (well, actually it is Newcastle) interview for Med Phys next Friday too! I got a late morning interview. I think I should re-read the letter, as I didn't realise the presentation had to be in powerpoint, although that would have been my choice! :p:

ReputationRep:
    So..... Has anyone heard about any Audiology interviews today?

I got a whole pile of mail this morning. But no invites.

Am I right in thinking that people that have got invitations have got them via snail mail, rather than email?

ReputationRep:
    Hi just to let people know sheffield has short listed for medical physics so if anyone applied to there thetll know or not by now if they got an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marabak)

I have an interview tomorrow in Oxford (Reading group) and one next Friday in Stoke (Brum group), and it is nerve wrecking Especially the Stoke one, as I have to do an 8min presentation on powerpoint.

Did they set you a topic for the presentation? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyloov)
    Hi just to let people know sheffield has short listed for medical physics so if anyone applied to there thetll know or not by now if they got an interview
    Thanks for the info, wonder if that is for all the courses in sheffield or just med physics?

Did they contact you be email, or by the post?

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishdrivingcars)
    Thanks for the info, wonder if that is for all the courses in sheffield or just med physics?

Did they contact you be email, or by the post?

:eek3:
    I wasn't shortlisted, I rang up to find out today. Also Nottingham and lincoln have shortlisted for medical physics but haven't sent the letters out (I presume contact for most subjects will be through post)

ReputationRep:
    Just received through the door invitation to the Manchester H&I interviews

That's a huge weight off my mind. A few more invites would be nice, but at least I know I have at least one shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)

Congrats! and best of luck!

So you ahve been apllying for the past 3 years? I ask becuse its my second go at it.

I guess its after the bank holiday for the audiology people if we were to get an invite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo1980)
    Congrats! and best of luck!

So you ahve been apllying for the past 3 years? I ask becuse its my second go at it.

I guess its after the bank holiday for the audiology people if we were to get an invite
    I applied 2 years ago and made the shortlist. Also applied last year, but I wrote my application whilst travelling on my gap year stealing a minute here and there in hostels... so it inevitably ended up being absolutely rubbish. So it's my 3rd attempt, but only really my 2nd proper attempt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)

That's a huge weight off my mind. A few more invites would be nice, but at least I know I have at least one shot.
    Congrats Svenjamin!! Really nervous about going home now - I really hope I have got one too :eek3: Good luck with the interview!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure - at my interview at Manchester Uni last week there were people who had received invitation to an interview for the Manchester clinical science position... I'm not sure if Manchester is earlier than the others, or if they've all gone out and I've just not heard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishdrivingcars)
    I'm not sure - at my interview at Manchester Uni last week there were people who had received invitation to an interview for the Manchester clinical science position... I'm not sure if Manchester is earlier than the others, or if they've all gone out and I've just not heard!

oh! great! thats me down to 3 options now! Makes you wonder what it takes sometimes to get on to this scheme!!!

You had Manchester uni interview last week? I got my offer way back in beginning of Feb, I wonder if they over fill the course and bank on people not getting clinical scientist roles! Because they still guarantee people a place if they turn up with a clinical scientist role!

Ps there is a danger we could be over discussing this but its something to do whilst we wait!

ReputationRep:
    oh! great! thats me down to 3 options now! Makes you wonder what it takes sometimes to get on to this scheme!!!

You had Manchester uni interview last week? I got my offer way back in beginning of Feb, I wonder if they over fill the course and bank on people not getting clinical scientist roles! Because they still guarantee people a place if they turn up with a clinical scientist role!

Ps there is a danger we could be over discussing this but its something to do whilst we wait!
    :p: Yes, it is very possible that this whole process has sent me ever so slightly insane, and i am now hanging onto every tiny perceived clue as to what is going on...

My interview (it turns out) was for a place on the waiting list for the SHA funded places - but as you say, the person interviewing me said she hoped I got on the clinical science scheme etc etc so there are obviously places reserved for it regardless. Strange system this application process! I guess they just need to have received an application and gone throught the motions to offer you a place if you get on the clin sci scheme.

I've not seen anyone else on here say they've received any invites for Audiology yet, so hopefully they've not been sent out yet. I need to hear soon because I'm getting nothing done at work in the mean time!

Did you email anywhere to check they'd received your application? Hear anything back?

ReputationRep:
    Ok now I'm nervous. I didn't apply to Manchester, but if they have sent out invites to interview than other centres may have as well. What other three centres did you apply to Sambo?

I think you are right about the Manchester Uni offers though, they probably offer most people conditional places, as only a small number will get Clinical Scientist positions. Did anybody apply to UCL?

I just wish they would let us know if we have been unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CicIt)
    Did anybody apply to UCL?
    I'm confused about UCL, I emailed them about the course and I got an email back saying they did not have any clinical science places for this year?

This is what they said:

"Further to your email, I confirm that we are now accepting application forms for the Masters Programme in Audioloigcal Sciences for September 2010 - 2011 course. The Masters Programme in Audiological Sciences at University College London is a self funding course and can be undertaken either full time over 1 year or part time over 2 - 5 years and runs from academic year September to September.

For those students who are looking for 18 months NHS funded masters places please see the BAA (British Audiology Association) website. UCL have not been funded for this scheme."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.