Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have any Biochemistry posts actually heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobobaggins)
    So I have read a few messages about invitations for interviews for MedPhys and now I am super nervous; the burning question is how did they sent the invitations? By email or by post? If by post, then I fear that I may not receive the letters because of the dismally, poor postal system! Please let me know and put me out of my misery!
    I have had 2/3 responses, the first was a voicemail (as I had left my phone at home that day, but they were fine when I rang back the following Monday), and the second was an email requesting a 'read receipt' and a phone call to arrange the interview time.

(Original post by Marabak)
    and yeah yeah, Newcastle is Stoke, or as good as :P
    Yeah, I don't know why 'Castle borough doesn't just give and accept themselves as being part of Stoke city - after all, there is no clear border is there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Have any Biochemistry posts actually heard back yet?
    Hi there,

Just one person in the forum in SC (clinical biochem wanabe) as far as I know has received an invitation about one week ago? Interviews around 20th of April?

I hope coming back from Easter will be good news for everbody waiting clinical biochemistry invitations...:confused:

S.

ReputationRep:
    Hello there any one heard from Wales Bioch. posts
    OR Bristol Genetics
    I had one unsuccessful reply, by email when I asked them, from Manch Bioch.. 2ND OPTION!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Havent heard anything from any of the genetics posts I applied for Would it be too pushy to email the centres and ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Looks like we're direct rivals then

What time's your interview? Mine's at 2.
    Mine's at 10 - at least there are 2 positions there so we could both be lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfal86)
    Havent heard anything from any of the genetics posts I applied for Would it be too pushy to email the centres and ask?

I was tempted to email them to ask if I'd been successful, but I think it sounds a little pushy and impatient.

I'm just hoping that I start hearing from them after the Easter break.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, waiting til after Easter's probably the best plan. Each lab will be setting themselves a deadline to sort out shortlists by, and sending them out after Easter certainly seems a logical deadline. Other than audiology and medical physics not many people have heard back anyway, so probably too early to email about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephy89)
    Good luck to the people who have interviews so far

Did anyone apply for any of the Embryologist posts? I've been following this thread for a long time now and have never read of anyone who has applied or even thinking of applying!

Hey I've applied for the embryologist posts and I got an email not long ago saying that they'd passed on the information on to the hospitals and should be hearing back soon and if haven't heard anything by the end of may should assume havent got it.

Did you get the same email?

Which ones did you apply for? and have you applied for any other trainee embryologist positions?

Sorry for all the questions. Nice to hear that someone else is also applying for it. I did put a post on this thread a few weeks ago but didnt hear anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zak2010)
    Hello there any one heard from Wales Bioch. posts
    OR Bristol Genetics
    I had one unsuccessful reply, by email when I asked them, from Manch Bioch.. 2ND OPTION!!! :mad:

I applied to Manc Biochem. Not heard anything yet though. Did they tell you how long it'd be till they got back to people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicxciv121)
    Hey I've applied for the embryologist posts and I got an email not long ago saying that they'd passed on the information on to the hospitals and should be hearing back soon and if haven't heard anything by the end of may should assume havent got it.

Did you get the same email?

Which ones did you apply for? and have you applied for any other trainee embryologist positions?

Sorry for all the questions. Nice to hear that someone else is also applying for it. I did put a post on this thread a few weeks ago but didnt hear anything!
    Hey! sorry i missed your post

yeah I got the same email.

I applied for the positions at Salisbury, Bath, Sheffield and Manchester...not that we had much other choice! How about you?
    Trainee posts are soo rare, there was a post that came up on the NHS website around January at Kings which I applied for. It is mental how very few opportunities are out there

Did you go to any hospital visits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichola_Jayne)
    I applied to Manc Biochem. Not heard anything yet though. Did they tell you how long it'd be till they got back to people?
    Sorry Nichola_Jayne, they didn't, but I heard from some one here on the thread who received shortlisting, then I emailed them and they came back to me on same day also I asked for a feed back why I WASN'T SHORTLISTED and also they replied.
    I WISH U A VERY GOOD LUCK..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    Hey, I haven't heard either so dont despair!! Have you applied to bham?? I find it amazing that there are only two places but 150 applicants!
    Hey, yeah I did apply to bham!!Where else did you apply to??

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Been following this thread, but this is my first post. Just a bit of an update about Clinical Biochemistry from what I've been told from various people.

Sheffield interviews are on April 26th, and shortlisted people will probably get a call about a week before. The number of jobs may be increased from 1 to 2. Leeds interviews are at the end of April, not sure exactly when. Haven't heard from Manchester yet but they definitely want a presentation so get working on it.

Hope that helps! Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah I did apply to bham!!Where else did you apply to??
    Just Bham and Nottingham. Didnt want to apply to locations I have no intention to move to! Do you have experience in the genetics field? Where else did you apply to? I may have seen you at the bham open day in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    Just Bham and Nottingham. Didnt want to apply to locations I have no intention to move to! Do you have experience in the genetics field? Where else did you apply to? I may have seen you at the bham open day in Jan.
    I applied to Bham, Nottingham, Salisbury and Bristol. Havent heard anything back from any of them yet though!!! Wasnt at the bham open day im afraid, couldnt get the time off work I have a BSc in Genetics and a MSc in Cytogenetics!How bout you??

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Bham, Nottingham, Salisbury and Bristol. Havent heard anything back from any of them yet though!!! Wasnt at the bham open day im afraid, couldnt get the time off work I have a BSc in Genetics and a MSc in Cytogenetics!How bout you??
    Thats really impressive experience. Im sure they will notice you! I have a BSc in Medical Science and just finishing my PhD in functional genomics. I havent got any real job experience tho. I'm hoping to jump straight into the training. I'm really nervous about it all - this forum gives me some kind of connection to the whole thing otherwise I think I would go mental. Is this your first time applying? (It is mine). Did you manage to get any w/exp or visits done?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker but a first time poster! Just wanted to ask has anyone applied/heard back from any of the microbiology posts? Nobody on seems to have said anything about it on this forum..

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i've not heard anything back yet... i got the feeling from previous posts that micro tends to be a bit later in sending stuff out so i'm hoping thats the case this time... i thought i might wait a couple more weeks if people still haven't heard anything and then email the centres

ReputationRep:
    Thanks jenny. What kind of experience/background do you have in microbiology? Have you applied before? Currently i am in my final year studyind applied and human biology with all microbiology modules, this is my first time applying so don't really know what to expect. Did you visit any if the labs at all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.