Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey jenny

I havent heard anything back from the micro posts, though i will be eamiling all the centres on friday if I havent heard anything till then. Btw how do you know that London havnt shortlisted yet?

Unlucky with the leeds post how did they give you the bad news..email? Snail mail?

Good luck with the rest of your applications.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sattark.
    I just emailed each of the centres (through the local contact info in the handbook) and thats where I got the information from.
    London's reply was simply "We have not started short listing yet" and from previous posts on here (from the 2009 intake) they seemed to contact people for interview around June so I guess we might have a little longer to wait for those ones.
    I don't think Leeds would have notified me if I hadn't emailed them so they just gave me the news through their reply email. They said a lot of people had masters or recent PhDs or a more specific degree (Microbiology over Biomedical Sciences, I guess). I think they generally only contact the successful applicants in the first stages unless otherwise asked... that was probably via post but I'm not sure.

I still haven't heard back from Manchester though.

Good luck!

Oh and I also emailed Scotland again, just to check about those posts. Haven't heard anything back from them just yet but I think I was probably unsuccessful for those aswell...

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the info jenny. This whole waiting thing is really beginning to test my patience. How quickly did they reply back to your email(s)?

ReputationRep:
    Really quickly. I only emailed them today and London and Leeds both replied within 10-15 mins... still waiting on Manchester and Scotland though.
    I agree the waiting thing is getting really bad so I'm glad I emailed them just for some peace of mind. Even though the wait for the London ones will be longer at least now we know we're not waiting in vain.

I'll let you know if I hear anything from the other two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicxciv121)
    Hey Tashford

I've applyed for embryology as well and still haven't heard anything and another girl from my course who has worked in an ivf clinic before hasnt heard anything either.

I emailed a hospital ages and ages ago asking if they had received my application and they said that they hadnt had any yet but when they did it would take at least a couple of weeks to short list so hopefully we should be hearing something soon!!!

which places did u apply to?
    Hi Vicxciv121, they really are taking their time are't they? i've applied to all of them apart from the one in salisbury, hoping for sheffield the most coz im already here at the uni of sheffield so would be great to stay here. i don't have any experience related to embryology so i'm not really that hopeful to be honest, but working on getting some pretty soon. which ones have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashford)
    Hi Vicxciv121, they really are taking their time are't they? i've applied to all of them apart from the one in salisbury, hoping for sheffield the most coz im already here at the uni of sheffield so would be great to stay here. i don't have any experience related to embryology so i'm not really that hopeful to be honest, but working on getting some pretty soon. which ones have you applied for?

Hey Tashford!

I've just found out that I have an interview at bath on 4th of may! Scary!

Ive applyed to all the same ones as you! I'm also at uni in sheffield! What course do you do? Have u visited the ACU in shef?

ReputationRep:
    Hey congratulations! how did bath let you know?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm very scared! They sent me an email! Have you heard anything back from any of them yet?

ReputationRep:
    You have the work you do in the research lab to talk about, definitely help you Good luck with it!
    Nah I havn't heard back... did they give you any details on the interview, like do you need to do a presentation? Alot of the other clinical scientist schemes discussed on this thread need to do a presentation for their interview

ReputationRep:
    Not really. They've told me the names and postions of the people its with (Lab manager, senior embryologist and head nurse) and they've said that I have to get there 20 minutes before the interview to have a look around and meet eveybody but thats it! I don't think there will be a presentation! At least I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't worry they would of warned you about a presentation. Sounds ideal really, pretty informal. It's reassuring that a fellow graduate to be is in with a chance, proof you don't need a masters! :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicxciv121)
    Hey Tashford!

I've just found out that I have an interview at bath on 4th of may! Scary!

Ive applyed to all the same ones as you! I'm also at uni in sheffield! What course do you do? Have u visited the ACU in shef?
    congrats! what a small world hehe im doing biomedical science, what do you do? nope not visited anywhere but i already volunteer at the hallamshire so im gonna see if they can put me in touch with the jessop wing so i can get some experience in the IVF clinic, hopefully will help my application for next year as i'm very doubtful i will get anything this year due to lack of experience. best of luck for your interveiw though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashford)
    congrats! what a small world hehe im doing biomedical science, what do you do? nope not visited anywhere but i already volunteer at the hallamshire so im gonna see if they can put me in touch with the jessop wing so i can get some experience in the IVF clinic, hopefully will help my application for next year as i'm very doubtful i will get anything this year due to lack of experience. best of luck for your interveiw though

Thanks very much! I also do Biomedical Science! A very small world indeed!
    I just rang up the sheffield ACU and asked if I could come in and they arranged then and there you should do that! They are really nice and helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Not sure if this helps anyone but my friend got an invite in the post to interview for H&I in Manchester next week.
    No news from genetics for me though
    x

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I have a job!

Thanks a lot to NoAngel and Sambo for your support and advice, it was genuinely really useful!

Good luck to everyone else who has interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishdrivingcars)
    Wow, I have a job!

Thanks a lot to NoAngel and Sambo for your support and advice, it was genuinely really useful!

Good luck to everyone else who has interviews!
    Well done That's fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Well done fish! It's great to see it pays off

ReputationRep:
    Genetics update
    I contacted Birmingham who said they have been shortlisting the last few days and will shortlisted interview invites will go out in the next few weeks. Interviews will be apparently be organised centrally and likely be around 19/20th of May so if not heard by them assume not been successful. Been such a long wait until now and still another month to go ah well at least in a month we'll know
    Hope that helps
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    Well done That's fantastic.
    I genuinely keep running over the phone call in my mind to check if i could have misinterpreted the conversation in anyway, but I'm pretty sure I've got this right!

I'm in a bit of a daze at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    congrats!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.