Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know anything about microbiology/London & Manchester ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishdrivingcars)
    Wow, I have a job!

Thanks a lot to NoAngel and Sambo for your support and advice, it was genuinely really useful!

Good luck to everyone else who has interviews!
    OOh! Congratulations- that's really fantastic news
    EDIT: Just looked back and realised you had your interview at Sheffield- well done, that's a really hard one to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeyK)
    does anyone know anything about microbiology/London & Manchester ???
    I emailed them yesterday... London said they haven't started shortlisting yet but Manchester haven't replied.
    Let me know if you hear anything.

Jenny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennyallen03)
    I emailed them yesterday... London said they haven't started shortlisting yet but Manchester haven't replied.
    Let me know if you hear anything.

Jenny
    sure!
    thx jenny!!! which means there's still hope!=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshie83)
    Genetics update
    I contacted Birmingham who said they have been shortlisting the last few days and will shortlisted interview invites will go out in the next few weeks. Interviews will be apparently be organised centrally and likely be around 19/20th of May so if not heard by them assume not been successful. Been such a long wait until now and still another month to go ah well at least in a month we'll know
    Hope that helps
    xxx
    Thanks so much for letting us know. At least I know how long I should be waiting around for.. I really hope we get interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Cardiff H&I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Has anyone heard back from Cardiff H&I?
    I've not heard anything from them, hoping they've just not shortlisted yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivski)
    I've not heard anything from them, hoping they've just not shortlisted yet
    Two of my coursemates work in the Cardiff labs. One told me today she saw my name on a list, but wasn't sure if it was the final list or a preliminary list. So hopefully it means they haven't sent out invites yet (the interviews definitely haven't happened yet at the very least). Kinda frustratingly vague information really, but I guess if you haven't heard either there's a chance they haven't notified the shortlist yet.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I have a job!

Thanks a lot to NoAngel and Sambo for your support and advice, it was genuinely really useful!

Sorry for the delay but WELL DONE!
    Where are you going to do your MSc then?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I have a job!

Well done mate! thats great news! best of luck with it all!

Although I am a bit peeved with Sheffield that they didnt even interview me! anyway ......fate I guess

I emailed Cambridge a week ago and they said they will invite people to interview in 2 weeks time. So if anyone hears from them please post it on here so I know thats me done for this year

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo1980)
    Well done mate! thats great news! best of luck with it all!

Although I am a bit peeved with Sheffield that they didnt even interview me! anyway ......fate I guess

I emailed Cambridge a week ago and they said they will invite people to interview in 2 weeks time. So if anyone hears from them please post it on here so I know thats me done for this year

thanks
    Good luck with hearing back from the others. I think Sheffield said they were interviewing 7 from about 70 applications... when the numbers are that small there's a bit of luck involved I guess, so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CicIt)
    Sorry for the delay but WELL DONE!
    Where are you going to do your MSc then?
    Hi CicIt, my MSc is in Manchester. I got a really good impression of the place from my interview, so I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Has anybody had any news of H & I in London?

Thanks,
    Mel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_is_melo)
    Hi Guys,

Has anybody had any news of H & I in London?

Thanks,
    Mel
    Not yet. Starting to lose hope a little now, would have assumed London would be one of the first to get in touch. Always a chance they're just a little late though.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the Micro posts too.

Just emailed them about shortlisting, had the email from Leeds saying competition was high, and that all sixteen shortlisted candidates had a PhD, as well as half having an MSc and nearly all of them having a first or 2.1 in micro.

He recommended I try and do postgrad study in micro, and failing that, apply for BMS posts because they'll be merging with ClinSci from next year.

Reply from London said they're shortlisting in June, so still a while to wait for that. :s

Waiting for reply from Manchester now, but I'm not too hopeful about getting an interview.

Either way I have something in september, as I've been accepted onto a Micro MRes, so hopefully that'll give me a shove in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    It all seems to be really late this year, I wonder why.

I have an interview in a couple of weeks and have to do a presentation, right in the middle of my exams I am pleased to get an interview obviously, but the timing's awful and I doubt I'm in with a chance anyway. Obviously going to try my hardest to sound good Has anyone else had a presentation and was it scary?

ReputationRep:
    Presentations aren't too bad. It is daunting to walk into a room and give a talk right away, but then a lot of time is taken up by them asking questions about the presentation. So as long as you've read around the subject the presentation can really ease you into the interview and let's you relax a little.

ReputationRep:
    Had a reply from manchester about micro, they said they'll be informing of shortlisting very soon. they've had in excess of 200 applications. and bearing in mind that is for two posts....:eek:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the update lejadeh
    fingers crossed we might be hearing from manchester soon then, although I still don't think i'll get it if the leeds competition was so fierce... and June til shortlisting for london?! I kind of thought that from the previous posts on here but it's still a long wait! guess that allows them to know more certainly about where people stand on finishing degrees/masters/research... Fingers crossed for that one too!
    I thought about maybe doing a masters but I can't really afford that yet, so I'm just applying for BMS jobs in the mean time. They seem to have dwindled a bit in recent weeks though, at least for micro :/ they might pick up more towards the end of uni semester...

Congrats for getting accepted for the MRes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CicIt)
    It all seems to be really late this year, I wonder why.
    I think some of the delays may be due to training providers wanting to make sure the funding is secure.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.