Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR CLINICAL GENETICS AT BHAM wooooohoooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Well done

I came home from a letter from the NHS yesterday, got really excited then saw it was recommending I go for a chlamydia test. FML.

ReputationRep:
    lol i thought that too sparkle... i got one a couple of months ago and saw it was from the local hospital micro department and I was like "why would they be sending me stuff?!" Since I want to go into micro i got slightly excited for a second... then I realised.

Congrats on the interview GraduateSK!

ReputationRep:
    I got a genetics interview too! *massive grin*

Where were you shortlisted for? All the interviews are being held in Birmingham aren't they. I'm sortlisted for the St. Georges (southwest thames) one apparently.

Do you think we all have exactly the same interviews on the day, no matter which position we're listed for then? I'm so confused as to how this works...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    Congrats!!Did you get a letter/email/phone call??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfal86)
    Congrats!!Did you get a letter/email/phone call??
    Mine came as an email, with a letter as an attachment so I guess they'll probably send letters out too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c97hc1)
    Mine came as an email, with a letter as an attachment so I guess they'll probably send letters out too

Congrats c97hc1 - yeah mine came in an email too

Its says its the national recruitment way so all geneticists are being interviewed on the same day..

It is confusing though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lejadeh)
    I applied for the Micro posts too.

Just emailed them about shortlisting, had the email from Leeds saying competition was high, and that all sixteen shortlisted candidates had a PhD, as well as half having an MSc and nearly all of them having a first or 2.1 in micro.

He recommended I try and do postgrad study in micro, and failing that, apply for BMS posts because they'll be merging with ClinSci from next year.

Reply from London said they're shortlisting in June, so still a while to wait for that. :s

Waiting for reply from Manchester now, but I'm not too hopeful about getting an interview.

Either way I have something in september, as I've been accepted onto a Micro MRes, so hopefully that'll give me a shove in the right direction.
    16! When I e-mailed them earlier in the year they only said they were going to shortlist 6. Just shows how many high level applications they have had! Was the Leeds one for one post or two? I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    Hi AUDIOLOGY folks :-)

A new post seems to have come up. It's in Bradford for those of you that were after a place in the North. I assume the funding may have come up late or something?

The closing date is 24th May and it's a 4 year job, with funding for the MSc year. You have to apply through NHS jobs website, but here is a link to the advert I have seen.

http://www.glanclwyd.demon.co.uk/audiology/jobs.htm

Hope this is of interest to some of you, and another chance to those of you who weren't successful. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoAngel)

A new post seems to have come up. It's in Bradford for those of you that were after a place in the North. I assume the funding may have come up late or something?

The closing date is 24th May and it's a 4 year job, with funding for the MSc year. You have to apply through NHS jobs website, but here is a link to the advert I have seen.

http://www.glanclwyd.demon.co.uk/audiology/jobs.htm

Hope this is of interest to some of you, and another chance to those of you who weren't successful. xx
    Thanks Noangel! I have given up on my initial 4 choices now! although my masters in a medical related subjected has failed to cover my 2-2 in my undergrad degree, so im thinking why bother! there is nothing it seems I can say to them to overlook the 2-2. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoAngel)

A new post seems to have come up. It's in Bradford for those of you that were after a place in the North.
    Hi NoAngel,

I noticed that the salary for this post is:

Salary:- £25,472 -34,189
    Do you know whether trainees move up the band pay scale during their four years training like other NHS employees on the A4C pay scale, and do you know what the yearly increments are for band 6? I thought it was about £1k a year, which would mean by the end of four years trainees would be on about £29k - but looking at the salary on that job advert, I wonder if the increments are more? Or is that just the upper end of Band 6, which an employee would only reach after more than 4 years?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Sambo- Why not give it another shot? I'd be happy to help with your application. For me, I don't think it was about my degree grade (I hadn't yet finished my degree when I applied), it was more about the fact that I'd had previous NHS work experience (not Audiology related) and I had visited 2 local departments which I could talk about. What sort of visits have you managed to do?

fishdrivingcars- Basically each year (well, I think it is each year anyway!), everyone gets some sort of pay increase in the NHS whether or not they move up a band or even move up within their own band. As a trainee I started in Sept on £24,831 and this month my salary has increased to £25,472. This rise is despite my increment date not being until Oct 2011. So by then i'll have moved up to the next step I think. So I won't move up after my MSc but will after my first year of training. So you'll move up like anyone else on band 6.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know much about Modernising Scientific Careers? I have been looking it up on the internet but it seems very confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Woop :woo: Been offered H+I job in Manchester :woo: :woo:
    Can't believe I actually got a place! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivski)
    Woop :woo: Been offered H+I job in Manchester :woo: :woo:
    Can't believe I actually got a place! :woo:
    Awesome, me too

Will see you in September then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Awesome, me too

Cool!! Obviously this thread is what you need to succeed

See you in September

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm new here, was just wondering if anyone had applied to clinical immunology? this year or before, and where!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    Congrats well done. ANy idea what the interview will be on, whats the format? Anyone else had genetics interviews in the past??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethStar)
    Hi,

I'm new here, was just wondering if anyone had applied to clinical immunology? this year or before, and where!

thanks
    Hi BethStar,

I applied to Clinical Immunology this year in Preston and southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Awesome, me too

Well done both!

Have you heard from London at all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.