Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same as you guys!i dont know what to do if I dont get this,its all I've ever wanted to do!!
    Congrats to mistryb on getting through the initial round!!
    I would love to email and ask but dont want to seem too pushy!!Argh!!I hate the waiting and not knowing!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Just found this forum and I am very glad no one else has heard anything yet! I've applied for clinical biochem in the West Mids, East Mids, London and South Central regions. I am finding the wait very agonising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClinSciWanaB)
    Hi everyone,

Just found this forum and I am very glad no one else has heard anything yet! I've applied for clinical biochem in the West Mids, East Mids, London and South Central regions. I am finding the wait very agonising!
    Welcome to our panic stricken thread! It seems that none of us have heard anything yet, so nothing to worry about lets hope we all hear soon! Have decided against emailing just yet. The posts said they don't interview till March/April, so plenty of time really, don't want to be remembered for being pushy. If I haven't heard in a few weeks I may email though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't want to email either- I got the confirmation emails from Northgate so don't want to hassle the clin sci's themselves unless completely necessary!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the shortlisted candidates will be contacted i.e. by phone/email/letter?

ReputationRep:
    I presume letter, though I suppose it could be any. Letter seems to be the way that most jobs invite for interiew though?

ReputationRep:
    Just found this forum!
    Looks like im up against it! i got a 2-2 in Medical engineering but have a MSc in cell & Tissue engineering with my thesis being on ear tract disease therapies in an NHS lab! I thought my MSc and my thesis will compensate for my 2-2! I have applied for audiology
    what do you guys think my chances are?
    Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Dear Friends,
    I just saw the forum, so nice to see this clinical scientist forum. I have applied for the microbiology, so Mistryb... here your enemy :P
    I am soo much hoping that I will get an interview call. The main issue I have is that am an international student and NHS need to provide me a work permit... which is very unlikely.
    Still am hoping for the best. BTW, am a PhD student doing molecular virology
    Good luck to everyone...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sambo!

Good luck. I'm sure you have an excellent chance, an MSc is bound to be considered above your degree. Out of interest, which posts did you apply for? And have you got a place at a Un for the Audiology MSc?

ReputationRep:
    I hope that is the case. I had a load of trouble with the recruitment web site and only managed to apply to 2 posts one in Manchester and one in Wales and to add salt to injury I noticed some of my details missing after I submitted the application! so I phoned up and they told me that the system is crap and my details were in fact there! and they put my application to two more posts in Wales. I am gradually losing hope at this stage as I havent heared anything and feel that I didnt visit a lab will also affect my application!
    Plus do you actually need to have a confirmed offer for an MSc before you actually get offred the post?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sambo,
    Dont worry no one has received a reply regarding interview. I have been told that it will take another 2-4 weeks to shorlist and call for an interview...
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The website was truly rubbish!! Glad it went through though. Nobody has heard anything yet, so I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know about a confirmed offer for the MSc, I imagine they'll ask at interview though. I managed to get a conditional offer from manchester uni, just need a 2:1 now though!

ReputationRep:
    I see well will wait another while longer till the day they said to give up hope which is May I think.
    Noangel... good stuff but surley it will be tricky to do the MSc if you got a post in Wales ? that is why I thought one dosnt apply for the masters till one knows where he/she will be!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the MSc is undertaken in the first year and once that is completed then you take up your post whererver that may be, so it really does not matter if they are close or not. There are three universities which offer the MSc, Manchester, UCL and Southampton, so as you can see, none are in Wales! The places for the MSc fill up around Easter time, they say to apply early. You can't take a job offer without a place on the MSc. I thnk you are expected to get a place on the MSc prior to accepting a job offer.

ReputationRep:
    Who else here has applied for clinical biochemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Not me anyways!
    Have applied for Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics in London. Anyone out there doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Clinical Biochem in the North West, West Midlands, Eastern and London. I think there is one other person (northlondon?) here also applying for Biochemistry.

ReputationRep:
    ooo 2 regions in common! What would be your first choice? I think mine is West Mids

ReputationRep:
    what's all this talk about applying for a MSc before even getting an interview? Perhaps I'm missing something but I never read anything about this....?? Surely the masters comes part of the job at the uni mentioned in the handbook? Or is this only audiology?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that definitely doesn't apply for biochemistry! I don't know what everyone's on about! Don't worry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.