Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmx55)
    Oh God, they sent a letter? My postman manages to get about half of my post to my door, but I assumed it'd be an email. I might wait until someone else has heard from the UK ones then give them a ring.
    Yeh my postman is so bad as well so I am surprised it reached me and I also didnt get an email which I would have expected aswell. Yeh I would give them a phone or email at some point I know its horrible waiting to know either way especially when there isn’t even a "if you don’t hear by..." that they tell you. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bec89)
    I've applied for Clinical Engineering at St George's and King's (amongst others in England and Wales) and heard from King's yesterday.
    Good news from kings? I applied there too but haven't heard back. How did they contract you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarron)
    Last year they sent me a letter to say I hadn't been shortlisted.
    Maybe it depends on the position, but I definitely got nothing, not an email, letter or call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredBlog)
    Good news from kings? I applied there too but haven't heard back. How did they contract you?
    Yeah, they sent me an email to say I've been shortlisted (Yay) and invited me to an open afternoon next Wednesday. I can't make it though because of a test I have that day, so I hope that doesn't affect my chances.
    Nothing's changed on my NHS Jobs applications page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredBlog)
    I do find it irritating when jobs don't let you know when you are unsuccessful. It really isn't that difficult to send a group email "I'm sorry but you have been unsuccessful on this occasion". I wouldn't expect anymore than that.
    I totally agree. The NHS is the only employer I've come across that do it this way, and it seems slightly inefficient given that like a lot of people, I fully intend to contact human resources to confirm that it's a no if I don't hear from them.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Has anyone heard anything back from any of the immunology posts? I applied for a few in London and southampton, nothing back yet!

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if anyone had heard anything regarding the Embryology posts? I'm pretty sure we should have heard something by now, so any hope I had is fading quickly!

Is it true that most posts are taken by people already working within the NHS? I'm on course to achieve a 1st in my Biology degree, have done considerable amounts of voluntary work and I've also visited a number of labs to spend time with Embryologists. Looks like it was all in vain! :-(

ReputationRep:
    got rejected fot clin biochem......looks like the verdict is out.....those havent heard yet may have chance still

ReputationRep:
    I got replies back when I sent mine off, they all said if I hadn't heard 3 weeks after the closing date, then I should assume I'm unsuccessful.

One week to go o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maureen2000)
    Hi Laura, How long did you work in radiotherapy for and where? I am trying to see how i can improve my chances for next year because I don't think I stand a chance this year at all. Other than your degree and radiotherapy experience, did you do anything else that you reckon made your application stand out. Thanks and biiiiiig Congratulations girl!!
    Thanks! I sent you a private mail as my message ended up turning into a bit of an essay haha. Hope it helps though! Where did you apply to this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonky)
    got rejected fot clin biochem......looks like the verdict is out.....those havent heard yet may have chance still
    Sorry to hear that. Which posts were you rejected from
    , when did you get contacted, and was it by email or post??? The wait is nearly over ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonky)
    Where did you apply? I am waiting for biochem..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura22)
    Thanks! I sent you a private mail as my message ended up turning into a bit of an essay haha. Hope it helps though! Where did you apply to this year?
    I saw the message, thank you so much hun. I applied to liverpool, St George's, Hull & East Yorkshire, and Newcastle. To be honest, as much as I want it, I know it is very very competitive and will try again next time if i don't get it this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogchsg2)
    Sorry to hear that. Which posts were you rejected from
    , when did you get contacted, and was it by email or post??? The wait is nearly over ?
    Email via NHS website, I heard back from surrey so far, but I heard that if one rejects you they all tend to for a previous applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonky)
    Email via NHS website, I heard back from surrey so far, but I heard that if one rejects you they all tend to for a previous applicant?
    im really sorry for you. its hard to get shortlisted. I called them last week and they said thay hadnt shortlisted yet but they told me they had almost 500 applicants so dont feel too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FossilLady)
    I just wondered if anyone had heard anything regarding the Embryology posts? I'm pretty sure we should have heard something by now, so any hope I had is fading quickly!

Is it true that most posts are taken by people already working within the NHS? I'm on course to achieve a 1st in my Biology degree, have done considerable amounts of voluntary work and I've also visited a number of labs to spend time with Embryologists. Looks like it was all in vain! :-(
    Hi, I was given a trainee embryologist post from last years intake of clinical scientists. Not done any previous work for the NHS and the other trainees in the lab are also from non NHS backgrounds so posts do often go to non NHS employees. I got the impression from a few failed interviews for trainee embryologist positions that they like to see you understand the need for confidentiality and accurate matter of fact information when talking to patients. Just make sure you stress this in any interviews. I guess existing NHS staff should have an understanding of this already.

Also last year I had given up hope of hearing anything as it was past the deadline you should have heard by. Then a magical letter came through the door. Things move quite slowly in the NHS so keep those fingers crossed.

Hope you all hear something soon. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    im really sorry for you. its hard to get shortlisted. I called them last week and they said thay hadnt shortlisted yet but they told me they had almost 500 applicants so dont feel too bad.
    cheers, I called them as well a few weeks ago and the said that that they had 500 apps, no not feeling bad, but still no replies from the others though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonky)
    I really hope thats not true! Where did you hear it, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne-marie)
    I really hope thats not true! Where did you hear it, if you don't mind me asking?
    The waiting really is excruciating.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that "one rejects you they all tend to for a previous applicant" rule applies. With 400+ applicants there's really just a hairline difference between people who get shortlisted and the very good applicants who don't, so across 4 applications you'd have to be stand out A LOT to get onto all 4 shortlists. Realistically speaking you're only going to be on 1 or 2 shortlists even with a great application. Even if you just get onto 1 shortlist you must be doing something right, it takes a lot to get from 400+ to <10.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.