Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from the genetics post, either the cellular ones or the pathology routes?

ReputationRep:
    no I haven't heard a peep! so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I applied for 7 places, things like Microbiology, genetics, pathology... all seemed to be up north - Manchester, Leeds, Preston, Liverpool (I'm from the South, mum's not happy!!). Not heard anything yet, except conformation. We hear before the 11th of 14th of April right (which is it again?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Barton)
    Hey I applied for 7 places, things like Microbiology, genetics, pathology... all seemed to be up north - Manchester, Leeds, Preston, Liverpool (I'm from the South, mum's not happy!!). Not heard anything yet, except conformation. We hear before the 11th of 14th of April right (which is it again?)
    I'm the same waiting to hear back from posts in that area too... biochem, genetics and pathology.

I think people who have been successful will prob hear at the start of this week, although with my experience with the nhs they are extremely slow with recruitment!

ReputationRep:
    So, I just had a look at my NHS Jobs account. I applied to four vacancies in audiology...and in the 'remove/delete' column, against one of the four it says 'remove'.

Does this just happen a certain time after the application is submitted? Or do we think that means a rejection by default? Or am I reading waaaay too much into it?!

It was my first choice though...pooooo

ReputationRep:
    I'm amazed at the number of people that didn't read the information on the NHS web site. You were told that you could only apply for a maximum of 4 posts, so if this isn't enforced it will be extremely unfair on the people that actually did take time to read this and do possess an eye for detail (something that would be required for such a scheme).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthea)
    So, I just had a look at my NHS Jobs account. I applied to four vacancies in audiology...and in the 'remove/delete' column, against one of the four it says 'remove'.

Does this just happen a certain time after the application is submitted? Or do we think that means a rejection by default? Or am I reading waaaay too much into it?!

Hmmm....It may just be random or a error on the webpage? All my four choices show nothing under the delete/remove column...no messages on there yet. Keep an eye on it to see if it changes again. Have you had any emails/post yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FossilLady)
    I'm amazed at the number of people that didn't read the information on the NHS web site. You were told that you could only apply for a maximum of 4 posts, so if this isn't enforced it will be extremely unfair on the people that actually did take time to read this and do possess an eye for detail (something that would be required for such a scheme).
    Unless they've applied to Newcastle and Scottish trainee posts which don't fall under the scheme, so those ppl could apply for 4 + Newcastle & Scotland positions (I think). I'm down south and not interested in applying to those, so only did 4 as required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthea)

I think your reading too much into it. If the trust in question had the time to go through and alter people's application status, I hope they would have also sent a message out to inform you of the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I haven't posted before but this thread has proved very helpful over the past few weeks so I thought I'd give my input.

I applied for Clinical Engineering at King's, George's and Oxford and just got a call from the NHS recruitment people to say I'm invited to the interview next monday in Birmingham. She asked me to reply to an email she was about to send and to list my order of preference for the 3 places I've applied to, which I think is because all the places will be there on the 4th, and there are only about 7 posts nationallay so I guess they distribute the best candidates on the day to the posts.

Good luck to anyone else who hasn't heard yet and good luck to all of those going to assessment centres (except maybe slightly less the ones going to mine!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestbefore1989)
    Hi everyone,

I haven't posted before but this thread has proved very helpful over the past few weeks so I thought I'd give my input.

I applied for Clinical Engineering at King's, George's and Oxford and just got a call from the NHS recruitment people to say I'm invited to the interview next monday in Birmingham. She asked me to reply to an email she was about to send and to list my order of preference for the 3 places I've applied to, which I think is because all the places will be there on the 4th, and there are only about 7 posts nationallay so I guess they distribute the best candidates on the day to the posts.

Good luck to anyone else who hasn't heard yet and good luck to all of those going to assessment centres (except maybe slightly less the ones going to mine!!)
    Congrats and good luck with at the assessment centre . So, were you short listed for all your choices then? Thx for sharing that info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestbefore1989)
    Hi everyone,

Hey good luck .. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do let us know what happens at the assessment centre!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations BestBefore! And thanks for letting us know. I guess if I don't hear today I can assume it's done. Well, at least the waiting is nearly over!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure if I was necessarily shortlisted for all 3, but then again I guess if you fit the criteria for one you're quite likely to do so for the others.

In terms of the interview it says: 'will consist of 4, 10 minute interviews on a range of topics designed to explore your knowledge and skills. Please allow for up to 2 hours to complete all stages of the interview.' Doesn't sound too daunting..I hope!

From talking to a friend of mine who is currently on the old scheme at Kings at the interview they really want to see that you have a good understanding/awareness of the clinical application of any experience you have.

ReputationRep:
    Since the number of applicants is so big, I'm not fancying my chances too much at the moment. Does anyone (successfully shortlisted or not) have any recommendations for how to strengthen an application for medical imaging or radiotherapy next year?

ReputationRep:
    Again, well done for getting to the next stage..u must be over the moon.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from any of the pathology posts yet, especially the microbiology posts, I can't wait much longer.... Congratulations for those who have been shortlisted for the assessment day, well done all....

ReputationRep:
    At this point in time, is no news...still good news? LOL

ReputationRep:
    So I rang today about genetics in Leeds and it's been shortlisted for anyone who's interested!

ReputationRep:
    This has been a great thread and provided lots of info so I thought I'd sign up and take part, although I don't have much to contribute so far. I have applied for the haematology posts in Scotland, no news yet but I guess my chances are slim, has anyone else had any news for the Scottish posts? I have a degree and MSc plus 12 years experience of working in pharmaceutical research, however, no experience in the haematology or clinical field so I'm not sure how much this will help me, is anyone else in a similar position? I can't tell if this work experience will help or count against me as it isn't relevant. I'm very impatient now!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.