Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    excellent advise noangel - I'm thinking of going to my local lab to talk directly to a clinical scientist and grill him/her for possible questions.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview on 16th at Kings - really didn't expect one after reading this thread but it's all good practise anyway! I just got a text which was quite strange!

ReputationRep:
    omg congrats- strange you heard by a text?! What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Many Congrates... Hope you both will get it.
    BTW, did u get the letter/text from Northgate recruitment or from the local hospital where we applied to? Please tell us .
    Good luck again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClinSciWanaB)
    omg congrats- strange you heard by a text?! What did you apply for?
    Thanks! I applied for mol. gene. and toxicology...only issue is now is I'm not sure which one the interview is for as obviously the text didn't include much info. I think they're going to send an email/letter in the next day or two though.

I heard from the NHS directly. Literally - the text said "From NHS" haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misanthropic)
    i am in the process of applying! hardly any1 knows what the hell a clinical scientist does or is, this thread is proof! I would love you get to talk to some like minded people on this - i'm from NI and there are hardly any clinical scientists to start with, let alone applicants for this years intake for Eng/Wales!

A clinical scientist can make up to £93,000 and this is actually achieveable within normal career development!

Sounds good

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to flicker!!
    Where did you apply for molgen to?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So happy to find this forum, I've been getting so stressed about not hearing anything re applications! I've applied for 4 audiology posts, although my degree is in Microbiology. I went to visit the department at my local hospital and the two girls there who are currently on the scheme told me that re the MSc for audiology, if you get a funded NHS place, you're pretty much guaranteed to get on the MSc, so I don't think there's any point in worrying about that too!

I applied via the website - which was RUBBISH, but wish I'd known that the advice on the additional info bit was on the paper form - my app is a load of rubbish I think!

Really trying not to get hopes up as it's so competitive, but soooo want to get an interview-esp now I know they've started announcing them!

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spitefulelf)
    Hi guys,

So happy to find this forum, I've been getting so stressed about not hearing anything re applications! I've applied for 4 audiology posts, although my degree is in Microbiology. I went to visit the department at my local hospital and the two girls there who are currently on the scheme told me that re the MSc for audiology, if you get a funded NHS place, you're pretty much guaranteed to get on the MSc, so I don't think there's any point in worrying about that too!

I applied via the website - which was RUBBISH, but wish I'd known that the advice on the additional info bit was on the paper form - my app is a load of rubbish I think!

Really trying not to get hopes up as it's so competitive, but soooo want to get an interview-esp now I know they've started announcing them!

Good luck to everyone!
    Hey! I've also applied for audiology- where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    hey sarahfal86, I see a lovely tricolour - r u from the north/south?

ReputationRep:
    Hey misanthropic!!Im from the south of Ireland!!

ReputationRep:
    You'd be the best person to ask then about clinical scientist posts down south then. Are there biomedical sci and clinical sci posts in the republic or similar? I have not got a clue about the medical system in the south. any good websites where I can read up on them?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly misanthropic I wish i knew!!Can't find out anything about clin sci posts in the Republic and noone seems to know anything about them!
    Thats one of the reasons why I've applied for the NHS scheme in England!

ReputationRep:
    Any microbiology students here ? Do any of you send an email asking when they gonna call for interview? I am so impatient to know :<(

ReputationRep:
    Ive just stumbled across this forum - so good to know theres so many others in the same boat! Ive got an interview in Nottingham for Biochemistry and am pretty scared as ive not got much experience with interviews... any tips would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to thirsty!!
    How and when did you find out that you had an interview??

ReputationRep:
    so all 3 to hear back are biochemists? interesting

ReputationRep:
    I found out last Friday by email. Was beginning to think my application hadn't got there as hadn't heard anything but I think we just need to be patient as they recieved more applications than usual this year so short listing people, especially for the London area is going to take time. I am really happy to have an interview and it sounds like a lot of people on this forum are much more experienced than me - I have a PhD but its in Chemistry so I really didn't expect to get an interview.. Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a biochemist!

I applied for all London posts - so King's and Guy's I think

ReputationRep:
    Hi Northlondon,

Ive also applied for Cambridge, London and SouthEast - only heard back from Notts though.. recon thats because I only visited Nottingham hospitals (maybe?) - Would love to get interview for Cambridge but Im just really happy to have an interview as really didn't expect to! Where else have you applied for?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.