Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I have a Computer Science interview day booked. For anyone that has attended the day in the past, what kind of things did they ask you in your 20 minute interview? Did they ask you to do any questions or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry not to answer your question but I'm applying for the same course and am trying to book my interview (after receiving the letter) but it's saying my UCAS number I'm putting in is wrong (I've been using my personal UCAS ID as it's the only number I have). What number did you put in?

ReputationRep:
    My UCL letter contained a number, which is called your application number. It should begin with 09. The number is about 3 paragraphs down.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, unfortunately I haven't been able to find the number, my interview letter does not contain it and I haven't received any other letters from UCL so I'm going to make contact with the university and try solving my problem.

ReputationRep:
    They just asked me why I wanted to do computer science and some general questions about my personal statement. I think they didn't ask me any problem solving questions because I'd done my A2's by that time and was on a gap year. I heard from other people that they asked them one/two but they weren't difficult.
    The interview/open day is really for them to sell the university to you and for you to ask any questions.

ReputationRep:
    I've also gt an interview with UCL on the 25th of feburary09. I want to know from someone who has had their interview recently, what to expect and prepare for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streamz88)
    I've also gt an interview with UCL on the 25th of feburary09. I want to know from someone who has had their interview recently, what to expect and prepare for?
    it went smoothly ... i got interviewed by two persons... i dont know why... they asked me 2 logical and 2 maths questions which i found straight forward. He asked me why i chose to study CS, What I would expect... But they didnt ask me anything about my personal statement... At the end he asked me whether UCL is a placeholder or not o.O i just said noooo its definitely one of my choices:p:

ReputationRep:
    so what logic and maths questions did They ask u?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering about the people going to the open day, what will you be wearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeyMajik)
    Just wondering about the people going to the open day, what will you be wearing?
    Black tie, red thong

Wear anything seriously, they don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i applied for CS as well and i havent heard anything from them apart from the acknowledged e-mail. i've got reply from all other my choices for interview or offer(even from imperial),and start to worry about this one.
    just want to know that is it just normal?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    My app got sent off at 18th Nov and i got a letter from UCL at 9th dec

ReputationRep:
    I have got an interview for UCL on the 25th of Feb, but i booked it online about 2 weeks ago and i have just realised tat they havn't sent an email back confirming. I think this is a bit odd.

ReputationRep:
    UCL should give you an automated e-mail confirming your open day visit unless you checked the box which said you didn't want a confirmation e-mail....

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who had an interview on the 25th got a reply from UCL yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BollywoodBoy1)
    Has anyone who had an interview on the 25th got a reply from UCL yet?
    they should start dishing out offers after the 11th, which is the last interview date. there are only 60 places, so they want to cull the crap first before they start making offers.

ReputationRep:
    not really. i had my interview on the 25th and i got an offer on the 4th

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I got my offer on the 4th March

ReputationRep:
    why are they taking soo long ??? i had my interview in Dec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkness9999)
    why are they taking soo long ??? i had my interview in Dec
    Hmm, I'd say if you don't hear back in the next week or so, send them an e-mail asking about the status of your application with them. I had my interview in November, and then had an offer in December. Is UCL your first choice?

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.