Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I was literally just typing on facebook then, when I heard my right ear just go out. It went from receiving noise to just a silent pitch with a bit of that weird echo'ness like when your ears pop at altitude. I'm actually a bit scared. Tips or tricks, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    try to swallow a few times. If it doesn't go away, make an appointment for a doctor tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Is it quite waxy? Because it may be blocked with that

Get some olive oil and pour about half a teaspoon in (to the ear canal itself) Then leave it for about 5mins do this twice a day for about 5 days, if that hasnt shifted it then make an appointment at the nurse at your GP to have them syringed

oh and DONT TRY TO USE COTTON BUDS ON THEM!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    what?!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    what?!

hahah harsh lol....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    what?!

:rofl:

(Original post by thelostchild)

oh and DONT TRY TO USE COTTON BUDS ON THEM!!!!!!!!
    Indeed, if it is a wax problem this'll just push the wax further in, iirc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.