The Student Room Group

Broken bone

Heyy I just want to get some advice.
A couple of months ago I fell and I had this lump of bone sticking out but I never got it checked. Then a couple of days ago I hit the bone directly (by accident) and it got swollen and blue. So I went to A&E and got an x ray. It turned out I broke the bone but it was 2 small pieces that drifted away from the bone they originally were attached to (by the way its the bone under the big toe lol)
Anyways the doctor told me to just put ice on it and take paracetamol for the pain. However, it's really painful and i keep getting sharp pains in the bone. Also, my whole foot is cold and kinda numb. Should I go back or should I just take the paracetamol. I just wanted to get some opinions because it seems odd that my bone is broken but he didn't put it in a cast? Thank youuuu :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
A couple of months ago I fell and I had this lump of bone sticking out but I never got it checked. Then a couple of days ago I hit the bone directly (by accident) and it got swollen and blue. So I went to A&E and got an x ray. It turned out I broke the bone but it was 2 small pieces that drifted away from the bone they originally were attached to (by the way its the bone under the big toe lol)
Anyways the doctor told me to just put ice on it and take paracetamol for the pain. However, it's really painful and i keep getting sharp pains in the bone. Also, my whole foot is cold and kinda numb. Should I go back or should I just take the paracetamol. I just wanted to get some opinions because it seems odd that my bone is broken but he didn't put it in a cast? Thank youuuu :smile:

Go back
i think you should go back immediately and tell them you suspect you have . Bonecontouralis syndrome.
I would go back and try to speak to a different doctor.
Original post by Shemails
i think you should go back immediately and tell them you suspect you have . Bonecontouralis syndrome.

What is that??
Original post by Felblock
I would go back and try to speak to a different doctor.

Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by E.B5
Go back

Ok thanks :smile:

Obviously the doctor at A&E must have thought that you were capable of going home without any major cast being put on your toe.
As its a few months ago this happened the chance's are that the bones are starting to heal again together reason why you were sent home by the hospital.

Just take the paracetamol two tablets four times a day maximum and maybe ibuprofen as well if required.

A NHS registered nurse ( midwife ).

A doctor can often see a displaced fracture with a visual exam of the toe, but they may still recommend an X-ray to assess the damage and determine what treatment the individual needs.

By seeing a healthcare professional for a diagnosis and following instructions about caring for the toe, individuals may encourage the healing process. Treatments for a broken toe include:

Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE): The RICE method is useful for many types of injuries, including broken toes. It can decrease pain and help the toe heal faster. This may be all a person needs to treat a minor toe fracture.
Buddy taping: This involves wrapping the toe and taping it to the adjacent toe to keep it supported and protected.
A post-surgery shoe or boot: These devices have a stiff sole that allows a person to walk without bending the toe. It also helps keep some of the body’s weight off the sore toe.
Bone setting: For more severe displaced fractures, a doctor may need to put the bones back in their proper place for healing. They would usually do so with numbing medicine to decrease pain.
Surgery: Surgery may be necessary for more serious toe fractures. Surgeons may need to place a pin in the toe to align the bones and enable them to heal in the right place.

This is not a condition okay as not in any medical book's etc .
What is that??

I have searched the NHS medical files and this don't seems to excist okay so don't listen to OP.

Your search - Bonecontouralis - did not match any documents.

Quick Reply

Latest