Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question about offer requirements watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, do unis give out the same offer to everyone for the same course or might they vary it slightly e.g. give some people ABB and some AAB? And if so, why would they give some applicants a lower offer than others?

ReputationRep:
    But Why do they vary ???? I really can't get my head round this. Do Uni's make lower offers to candidates they really want ? Due to illness my As Levels were disappointing- 1B and 1D. 1E,I am predicted ABC at A2 even though I am still ill and even though I am having to do 1 A level in a year! I applied for a course which stated a typical offer was 200 points - I have received an offer for 240 points - Are they trying to tell me something ???

ReputationRep:
    No, the predictions have made them think you are capable of more than their standard offer and they don't want you slacking off!!

To be quite honest, if you are still unwell you have set yourself quite a challenge to improve BDE to ABC, including doing one subject in a year! You'll need to make sure that your referee informs your firm and insurance choices in due course if your final results are likely to be affected by your ongoing illness.

ReputationRep:
    Minerva - Thank you so much for yor advice, I really appreciate it. I will make sure that my senior tutor writes to my first choice and insurance and explains my situation. They had promised, in view of my illness, to reduce my predicted grades to CDD which would have given me enough points for my choices, but they 'forgot' to do this grrrr!.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I ask is because I got 4 As for AS and have been offered a place at Manchester for Geography and they offered me ABB whereas I was expecting AAB.

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I both applied to do Modern History with Economics and I got an offer of ABB, whereas his was BBB. He does Sociology, History and Politics compared to my Economics, English Lit., History and Business Studies. He's convinced my offer is ABB because of business studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montarnna)
    My friend and I both applied to do Modern History with Economics and I got an offer of ABB, whereas his was BBB. He does Sociology, History and Politics compared to my Economics, English Lit., History and Business Studies. He's convinced my offer is ABB because of business studies
    But he does Sociology which is as respected as Business Studies...so it's probably not that

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K!&[email protected])
    But he does Sociology which is as respected as Business Studies...so it's probably not that

:yep:
    Try telling him that lol :eek:
    He's convinced business is easy compared to sociology, I also try to tell him they're the same. Oh well I'll back down

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.