The Student Room Group

mumps

anyone else got mumps!!! :frown:
Reply 1
aw, poor you. thankfully *touch wood* i won't get it. was busy working the week of our free vacinations though, so fingers crossed!

get well soon :smile:
Reply 2
yes! damn it, its been going round the older guys where I work although theoretically I shouldn't get it as not only have I had mumps, I've had the vaccination twice! so bored and have to miss a party :frown:
Reply 3
Im just getting over it...it takes a while! Its getting on my nerves cos im tired and grumpy all the time! It wont hurt as much in a few days though! get better soon x
Reply 4
what are the symptoms of mumps? i have never had it
Reply 5
pain on side of jaw underneath each ear, which then swells to make you look like a hamster, fever, headache, swollen throat, loss of appetite, if you're a guy and unlucky..then it could be considerably more painful. In worst cases (very rarely) can also develop into meningitus.
prayers and water, and if you don't believe in the deity, then just water.

good luck
Reply 7
ooohh sounds nasty, i hope i dont get it.

is it common at uni?
Reply 8
well, it was more common because a lot of paople that are uni age havn't been vaccinated so it spreads, however quite a few unis were running vaccination programmes i think, don't worry too much, the good news is you cant do anything about it, and its contagious 6 days before the symptoms show!
Reply 9
If you want to avoid the mumps keep away form Oldham.
Reply 10
Sam_B
ooohh sounds nasty, i hope i dont get it.

is it common at uni?

There's been a bit of an epidemic recently, mainly because the current generation of students aren't all fully vaccinated so we're more susceptible, plus we keep engaging in those contagious activities... :wink:

But most places have run emergency vaccination clinics, I've had mine done :biggrin:
Epidemic happened here in October - we all had to get vaccinated/boosters.
amazingtrade
If you want to avoid the mumps keep away form Oldham.

thats so funny man. keep away from wales aswell..

nice
Reply 13
i don't anymore! but i did and i had it over new year! i couldn't go out :frown:
i'm pretty much over it now but i was so tired while i was ill, i had no energy to revise for my exams (which i've now probably failed) and on top of that i looked like a hamster! :biggrin: lol
They said i probz got it when i went to my oxford interview (damn them) as my friend who went with me got it too! however i've already had mumps when i was a baby and i had the mmr so it should of been impossible for me to get it! I found a way :smile:
i hope you feel better soon, i know how horrible it is

Lucy xxx
Reply 14
Already had it, feel sorry for you :smile:
Reply 15
I still need my 2nd jab :frown:
Reply 16
juno_the
I still need my 2nd jab :frown:

me too...

lou xxx

Latest