AQA A Level Law Paper 1 7162/1 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the AQA A Level Law Paper 1 exam go?
Great! (5)
21.74%
Quite well (7)
30.43%
Not so good (7)
30.43%
Terrible! (4)
17.39%
sk__07
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hey, i saw no thread on law for aqa so was wondering how are you guys feeling about the exams?

AQA A Level Law Paper 1 7162/1 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 6th June AM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
Tsuyu
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I feel okay about it. Especially when we have the advanced information it feels easier to prepare for it now.
sk__07
Rep:
(Original post by Tsuyu)
I feel okay about it. Especially when we have the advanced information it feels easier to prepare for it now.
yhh i get what yu mean. im still a bit nervous, could you explain the fault part for me cah i hv no idea what the question would ask , thank youu
Tsuyu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sk__07)
yhh i get what yu mean. im still a bit nervous, could you explain the fault part for me cah i hv no idea what the question would ask , thank youu
I think that's what they're going to ask for the 15 mark essay. I think the question would look something like "Examine the meaning and significance of 'fault' within criminal law..." or "Examine the meaning and significance of 'fault' in civil AND criminal law...". The essay I prepared gives examples of laws that are fault-based and not fault-based and why. We don't know if they're going to ask us about just criminal law or both criminal and civil law so you should prepare two versions of the essay.
sk__07
Rep:
(Original post by Tsuyu)
I think that's what they're going to ask for the 15 mark essay. I think the question would look something like "Examine the meaning and significance of 'fault' within criminal law..." or "Examine the meaning and significance of 'fault' in civil AND criminal law...". The essay I prepared gives examples of laws that are fault-based and not fault-based and why. We don't know if they're going to ask us about just criminal law or both criminal and civil law so you should prepare two versions of the essay.
do you mind sharing a model answer so i know how to structure it, thanks btw that helps!
zik04._
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
hey, i saw no thread on law for aqa so was wondering how are you guys feeling about the exams?
was wondering, voluntary intoxication and self induced automatism sound really similiar to me, what are the differences like how would i be able to tell if a defence is supposed to be self induced automatism or voluntary intox.
Tsuyu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
do you mind sharing a model answer so i know how to structure it, thanks btw that helps!
The intro could be like "Fault is important in criminal/civil law because... " and then you can choose some laws which are fault-based and not fault-based and why For example "self-defence is fault-based because it requires honest belief to use force. So if the defendant believed they needed to use force to protect themselves they're not at fault, so they can use the defence.". When explaining why some laws aren't fault-based you can explain that it's for public policy reasons (e.g. constructive liability is not fault-based but can act as a deterrent). And you can do something similar for civil law if they ask.
What I do is to break the law down (e.g. self-defence has two parts, honest belief to use force and whether a reasonable amount of force is used) and explain how each part makes the law fault/not fault-based because I find that easier. I hope this is useful.
Last edited by Tsuyu; 2 months ago
lizzy091003
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
i thought it was only going to ask fault in relation to criminal law since it is on paper 1, idk i may be wrong but my teacher also said the same thing
Tsuyu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lizzy091003)
i thought it was only going to ask fault in relation to criminal law since it is on paper 1, idk i may be wrong but my teacher also said the same thing
The advanced information says "...including the meaning and importance of fault in civil and/or criminal law.". they're probably going to ask bout either just criminal law or both criminal and civil law. I don't think they'll ask you about just tort law since it's on paper 1.
zik04._
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tsuyu)
The advanced information says "...including the meaning and importance of fault in civil and/or criminal law.". they're probably going to ask bout either just criminal law or both criminal and civil law. I don't think they'll ask you about just tort law since it's on paper 1.
do you know what grade boundaries are likely to be like? Is 65100 likely to be enough for an A? Im confident in paper 1 and 2, just paper 3 tat is difficult
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by zik04._)
do you know what grade boundaries are likely to be like? Is 65100 likely to be enough for an A? Im confident in paper 1 and 2, just paper 3 tat is difficult
likely that yeah, and prolly 70+ for an A* I'm guessing.
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Can anyone explain to me - specific intent?

Is it another word for intention that they just threw in there to make everything complex.
From my understanding specific intent - intention, basic intent - recklessness.
_Kestrel_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Good luck folks
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Good luck!
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
How are people feeling about the exam?
zik04._
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
How are people feeling about the exam?
unfortunately went late, exam questions were so easy but i didnt have time literally only did question 11 and 10 and rushed 9 and 8, skipped the rest. I reckon minimum of 48 marks, enough for a B u think?
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
unfortunately went late, exam questions were so easy but i didnt have time literally only did question 11 and 10 and rushed 9 and 8, skipped the rest. I reckon minimum of 48 marks, enough for a B u think?
Sorry to hear you ran out of time. Hopefully you will still get the mark you need!
_Kestrel_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I feel pleased with mine - although question 10 and 11 took up most my time, more than normal!! I managed to answer all the questions and had a minute or two to check through.

I don't think it was difficult per say but I am surprised at certain things included (not sure how much I am allowed to discuss) and it felt like there was a lot of indicitative content in the 30 markers, which is perhaps both a positive and negative.

I'd rate the 30 markers a bit more difficult that previous papers but all the other questions were very easy and straight forward.
zik04._
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _Kestrel_)
I feel pleased with mine - although question 10 and 11 took up most my time, more than normal!! I managed to answer all the questions and had a minute or two to check through.

I don't think it was difficult per say but I am surprised at certain things included (not sure how much I am allowed to discuss) and it felt like there was a lot of indicitative content in the 30 markers, which is perhaps both a positive and negative.

I'd rate the 30 markers a bit more difficult that previous papers but all the other questions were very easy and straight forward.
i agree, 30 markers were more complicated this time. Btw u think something like 48 is enough for a B?
eriii2003
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
i agree, 30 markers were more complicated this time. Btw u think something like 48 is enough for a B?
Hey good to hear that it went well
Do I mind sharing which application u used for question 10 and 11 I think I got a bit confused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads