Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone stigmatised for carrying ALDA/LIDL shopping bags, especially in school, by your mates or people who give you weird stares.

People in my area, and in many other NW areas, are ALDI/LIDLphobic.

Weird. But why?

ReputationRep:
    Lidl is fantastic. Those who stigmatise Lidl have more money than sense.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    More like NETTO bashers.
    But no you can get good stuff in ALDI/LIDL, love the foreign ice cream

ReputationRep:
    all i know both pay ALOT of money

ReputationRep:
    Aldi is better than Lidl, as they make up random english brandnames for their German products, whilst Lidl don' bother!

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger it would have bothered me, now, as a student, cheaper = better.

ReputationRep:
    Lidl/Aldiphobics have obviously never tried their chocolate or ice cream. They are SO missing out.. but hey, all the more for me.

ReputationRep:
    Ballycastle & Cocobay ftw!

ReputationRep:
    No way, in fact most people I know would wonder why you were bothering with the Tesco metro near uni, which is fairly expensive in comparison to the lidl almost next door

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    Is anyone stigmatised for carrying ALDA/LIDL shopping bags, especially in school, by your mates or people who give you weird stares.

People in my area, and in many other NW areas, are ALDI/LIDLphobic.

Weird. But why?
    Cause they're much cheaper? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lidl reminds me of being in Austria and not knowing what anything was

If I wanted German biscuits I'd go to GERMANY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    And if I wanted German biscuits I'd go down the road to Lidl and save money and time by not going all the way to Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    The beauty of the free market my friend.

But anyway, most ALDI/LIDLphobes in my area used to be aged around fourteen or under, and pick on other children for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    People think that quality and price are directly proportional. In some cases, this may be true, but in Lidl's case, it certainly is not. I have never been to Aldi so don't know about it.

Lidl has many interesting foods that you don't get in normal supermarkets.

Also, lidl is not laid out like a normal supermarket. Stuff is just piled on top of each other, the stores are smaller, you don't get 50 types of cheddar cheese, you get one. The ailses are narrower.

The staff in Lidl are none existant. Their are no hand baskets, I believe this is company policy. And it's german, and some people still have racist ideas about german = nazi.

I can cope with no baskets and no staff because of the low price. I think lidl is great.

ReputationRep:
    Round here people are snobby about ASDA, nevermind lidl or aldi

ReputationRep:
    Not that I've noticed. Their anti-pasta stuff is amazing and a 1/3 of the price of the other supermarkets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    And if I wanted German biscuits I'd go down the road to Lidl and save money and time by not going all the way to Germany
    Damn right :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It was the same when I was at school (cheshire). If you went to school with an aldi/lidl/asda/tesco/safeway bag you got laughed at and teased. Sainsburys was the only acceptable bag to have (as there was no waitrose nearby!).

Very mad. But I have still never been to aldi or lidl. I used to like the netto adverts, but never went there, and all the local branches (when I lived in yorkshire) were closed down

ReputationRep:
    People people....

Aldi and Lidl, esp. Lidl, sometimes for the bargain its worth it, the drinks are great...

I think the worst is Netto....

the rhyme was at ... :flute: hahahaha you're too ghetto, you shop in the bins, or should i say netto.... lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.