Cambridge reapply from foreign uni?

Watch this thread
Yatharth15
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone! I am a student about to start university most likely in Canada (not decided yet). I had previously applied to study PPE at Oxford and been rejected pre-interview (due to some personal reasons for which my admissions test went awful so pretty understandable). Also been rejected from LSE and accepted to UCL (another possible uni option). With quite strong predicted grades and GCSEs I have been really been considering reapplying especially to study History and Politics (slight change in passion) at Cambridge. However, coming from an Asian family my parents don’t exactly want me to let go of my offers (they just don’t get what a gap year is) and want me to just go to uni. I understand their reasons too.

Thus, I wanted to ask, as Cambridge’s website mentions only for students at a UK university, is it possible to reapply whilst already studying elsewhere? Or should I honestly forget that dream for now and just focus on going uni (wherever that is) and apply for postgrad? Sorry this might be long and a bit rant-like (still new to TSR) but yeah does anyone have any experience of this process? Thank you so much!
Last edited by Yatharth15; 2 months ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
You asked the same question yesterday and that thread was moved to the Cambridge Uni forum.
Yatharth15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So sorry I thought it didn’t send yesterday (international student in a country with little internet access)
Yatharth15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Um…Any replies?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yatharth15)
Um…Any replies?
Yes, you can apply from an overseas university. There's no change in process, you fill in a UCAS form.
Yatharth15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Yes, you can apply from an overseas university. There's no change in process, you fill in a UCAS form.
Thank you so much for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads