Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend criticising me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In the summer me and my friend were criticising the celebrities on the gossip pages for a laugh and he told us to stop - we were puzzled cos it was only a joke. He says he doesn't like moaning and things being done wrong yet his mom is the world's worst for this and he never says anything to her.
    The fact that this mum does this all the time (and if he has a close relationship with her, he's not going to get annoyed at her for doing it) probably means he's sick of it so much that he doesn't want other people to do it.

Clearly, you have quite a few issues with his personality, and these are the kinds of things that you need to discuss with him, not us. We can't help you; we don't know what goes through your boyfriend's mind and we don't know the full details about your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Reading this, the first thought that occurred to me was that your relationship has much bigger problems than a bit of criticism. You sound depressed and unhappy, and it doesn't sound like your boyfriend has been showing you a lot of affection. Have things been difficult for you recently?

ReputationRep:
    To say goodbye to him or to bear like you did.

(Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    Reading this, the first thought that occurred to me was that your relationship has much bigger problems than a bit of criticism. You sound depressed and unhappy, and it doesn't sound like your boyfriend has been showing you a lot of affection. Have things been difficult for you recently?
    Admittedly we do have some problems we are working on so he may be snappy as a result of that. I think RightSaidJames is right, his mom is a handful and most people find her behaviour annoying and odd (obviously I wouldn't tell him that!) so he probably doesn't want me to end up her like her as she annoys him.

Whenever he is wrong though he won't admit it like he went overdrawn a few days ago and I overheard him tell his parents yet when I asked what was wrong he said nothing so I had to ask him again and he finally admitted his fault. Yet I didn't lecture him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend always drives as he don't trust me or his family's driving even though we are good drivers. Earlier he asked me to drive as his car was full. On the way back I had a tailgater at a speed camera, I was just under 40 and there were no signs saying whether is was 30 or 40 so I couldn't break in time and pulled over. He went mad saying I should have carried on but I don't see why I should be pressured - afterwards I realised it was 40 but I don't know his local roads. I dropped him off and he says I shouldn't be on the road if I can't drive. I didn't look at him when I drove off and cried at the fact he criticised my driving and I don't see why I should get a fine. I'm a good driver and have been driving for 6 years.

He also criticised me last night when I refilled the washing up bowl and he doesn't get why I do it. He don't realise the water was red from tomato soup and I would just be washing crocks in dirty washing. I am annoyed cos someone who 'cares' about me thinks they can be nasty what will be like if we lived together or was married.
    Tell him this..couples do criticise each other, and if i ever criticised my ex or current boyfriend it would be because i cared about them and don't want them to make mistakes. Maybe he's just a bit moody, men go through this..they have mood swings aswell, or is this a reccuring behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    TBH you just sound incredibly whiney OP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.