The Student Room Group

21, virgin, and late periods

Hi,
so my period is very late this month (9 days). It never happened before, and there is no chance I'm pregnant. It is always always regular. I do have low back pain and some cramps, but no blood.
This is causing me so much anxiety. Is it normal? Should I worry???
It’s normal. There’s so many factors that can affect it
Original post by Anonymous
It’s normal. There’s so many factors that can affect it

Thank you. That's a bit reassuring. I panic easily :s-smilie:
Hi,
so my period is very late this month (9 days). It never happened before, and there is no chance I'm pregnant. It is always always regular. I do have low back pain and some cramps, but no blood.

are you feeling stressed? Have you changed anything recently, diet, food intake, etc. ?
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
are you feeling stressed? Have you changed anything recently, diet, food intake, etc. ?

I have not changed diet, but I am a little bit stressed (exams etc). However, stress has never been a factor delaying my periods.. so I'm not sure...
I have not changed diet, but I am a little bit stressed (exams etc). However, stress has never been a factor delaying my periods.. so I'm not sure...

do you take birth control? Have you lost a significant amount of weight quickly?
do you take birth control? Have you lost a significant amount of weight quickly?

No, and no
No, and no

does your family have a history of PCOS?
does your family have a history of PCOS?

no
no

I'd call 111 and get some sort of advice. It might be better getting a experienced GP on it.

sorry :/

hope it works out, lmk what happens x
Hi,

Hi

Sorry to hear that you have not had any periods yet.

There could be many factors that causing you not to have your period as normal this month.

Your period can be irregular for a lot of different reasons (besides pregnancy which you can't be because of being a virgin) such as stress, exercising, gaining or losing weight, being sick, taking certain medications, or having a hormone imbalance. It’s a good idea to keep track of your cycles and talk to your health provider about your periods.

It is normal to have irregular periods for the first few years of menstruating and sometimes even longer. But the only way to know if everything's OK is to visit your doctor or nurse practitioner . The length of a menstrual cycle can vary from girl to girl, but on average they're usually between 21 and 35 days.

Periods can be late as well as early due to reasons out with our own control.

If you have any concerns about things then you best go and get a GP appointment either in person ( more preferably) or a phonecall and discuss your concerns. Possibility your period will come still okay.

A NHS registered midwife.
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Sorry to hear that you have not had any periods yet.

There could be many factors that causing you not to have your period as normal this month.

Your period can be irregular for a lot of different reasons (besides pregnancy which you can't be because of being a virgin) such as stress, exercising, gaining or losing weight, being sick, taking certain medications, or having a hormone imbalance. It’s a good idea to keep track of your cycles and talk to your health provider about your periods.

It is normal to have irregular periods for the first few years of menstruating and sometimes even longer. But the only way to know if everything's OK is to visit your doctor or nurse practitioner . The length of a menstrual cycle can vary from girl to girl, but on average they're usually between 21 and 35 days.

Periods can be late as well as early due to reasons out with our own control.

If you have any concerns about things then you best go and get a GP appointment either in person ( more preferably) or a phonecall and discuss your concerns. Possibility your period will come still okay.

A NHS registered midwife.

Thank you! :smile:
Thank you! :smile:

You are welcome hunni ☺️😀

Hope things sort itself out soon for you 😉.
Loads of things can cause a late period: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stopped-or-missed-periods/
I wouldn't worry, but do see someone if you're a lot of pain or worried.

Quick Reply

Latest