The Student Room Group

Ways to revise for gcse physics

i dont now how to revise for physics. As soon as i open my physics book i give up and i dont now anything.What should i do
Original post by rumjam083
i dont now how to revise for physics. As soon as i open my physics book i give up and i dont now anything.what should i do

cognito videos on youtube
Reply 2
ive tried but it still doesnt work
Reply 3
Quit :danceboy:
ive tried but it still doesnt work

Where are you losing the most marks in physics exams?
Reply 5
Original post by Studentio10
Where are you losing the most marks in physics exams?

The stuff based on like energy and equations and circuits.
Reply 6
Original post by E.B5
Quit :danceboy:

Lol i will quit after i take my GCSE.
I somewhat struggled with physics previously and found that just doing practice papers and practice questions on topics I struggled on helped me understand it, especially understanding the mark scheme as it helped me get a grasp on the topic area as well as remembering some key points which tend to appear on the mark scheme.

Freesciencelessons also helps you understand topics more generally but I really recommend doing practice papers - it's the most helpful for all subjects, not just physics.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bears15
I somewhat struggled with physics previously and found that just doing practice papers and practice questions on topics I struggled on helped me understand it, especially understanding the mark scheme as it helped me get a grasp on the topic area as well as remembering some key points which tend to appear on the mark scheme.

Freesciencelessons also helps you understand topics more generally but I really recommend doing practice papers - it's the most helpful for all subjects, not just physics.

^^^^thisssssss

Literally past papers and familiarising yourself with the mark scheme is the best way to revise for GCSEs. Recommend ‘Physics and Maths tutor’
Also try making mindmaps on a particular topic without looking at ur notes and then add in anything that I’ve missed in a different colour….
good luck!!
The stuff based on like energy and equations and circuits.

Energy is by far one of the easiest topics - trust me. The mark scheme is always the same for that. You need to learn energy stores, transfers and specific examples so you can apply it to exam questions. Practice loads of exam questions from physics and maths tutor. With physics, I believe you just have to learn things as they are - memorise the rules. Equations all comes down to practice as well: I have a multi step process for equation work:
- learn all of the equations and standard units
- look at some worked examples (ask your teacher to guide you through some examples)
- practice equation work and always check units (use a highlighter to highlight units that need converting)
- take care with rearranging
- mark practice questions and ask teacher for help on any you got wrong

I also disliked circuits at the start but the videos on electricity from cognito saved me through my exams!! Please watch the electricity videos on cognito, make notes and memorise them!! Trust me!!
its hard
Reply 11
thanks guys

Original post by bears15

Original post by imscrewedlol
^^^^thisssssss

Literally past papers and familiarising yourself with the mark scheme is the best way to revise for GCSEs. Recommend ‘Physics and Maths tutor’
Also try making mindmaps on a particular topic without looking at ur notes and then add in anything that I’ve missed in a different colour….
good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest