a level choices

Watch this thread
axyxn980
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
english literature,philosophy and ethics,sociology
are these choices good??
aamilah16
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
what are you planning to do at uni?
axyxn980
Rep:
(Original post by aamilah16)
what are you planning to do at uni?
idk something humanities based
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by axyxn980)
are these choices good??
dyu like them and do they help you get into your uni course?
axyxn980
Rep:
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
dyu like them and do they help you get into your uni course?
i havent really thought much about uni if im honest i just thought these would help me keep my options open and i do like them and theyre what im good at
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
How to choose Sixth Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects

Then check the entry requirements on each course page for the Uni subjects you might be interested in doing - just remember that each Uni may want different A levels for the same subject. Some examples :
Sussex - https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/
Newcastle - https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/
Goldsmiths, London - https://www.gold.ac.uk/course-finder/
psychstudent2625
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
are these choices good??
yasss they seem pretty good, im also taking sociology and lit next year along with psychology. thes subjects can help you alot in the psychology field, sociology, philosophy, history, even business and marketing if you change your mind in the future
McGinger
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by psychstudent2625)
thes subjects can help you alot in the psychology field
Psychology at Uni is a science subject - you would need an additional maths or science A level.
psychstudent2625
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Psychology at Uni is a science subject - you would need an additional maths or science A level.
not necessariy, ive checked the courses and there is no specific a level you need
McGinger
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
not necessariy, ive checked the courses and there is no specific a level you need
Which Universities?
psychstudent2625
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Which Universities?
oxbridge, other russel unis
McGinger
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
thes subjects can help you alot in the psychology field,
The original poster isnt taking Psychology A level.
Nor have they stated that they want to do Psychology at degree level.
The A levels they are taking will not fulfil the entry requirements for Psychology at degree level.
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
yasss they seem pretty good, im also taking sociology and lit next year along with psychology. thes subjects can help you alot in the psychology field, sociology, philosophy, history, even business and marketing if you change your mind in the future
im also doing psych and lit (with politics)
aaamilah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
this completely depends on the uni and some are actually starting to accept social sciences in place of biology or something so sociology is fine!
aaamilah
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
are these choices good??
i do sociology and i find it really interesting! it’ll definitely be helpful if you want to do something with humanities, and from what i’ve heard english lit is really good too! those two combined are great because you get essay skills from both that help you in each subject and will help you a lot in uni, i haven’t heard much about philosophy but if you enjoy it, go for it! they sound like solid subjects and all that really matters is you enjoy them, lotta work though!
axyxn980
Rep:
thanks a lot for your help everyone!!
Medic Mind
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
are these choices good??
Heya! It all depends really! Some of the questions you can ask yourself are:

'Do I enjoy these subjects?' 'Do I need them for my future university?' ' What degree or field of work do I want to pursue in the future?'

Of course it might seem a bit too early to start thinking about career and such, but it will help you with choosing a-levels that are perfect for you! I would also recommend just looking into different universities degrees and see which one you may want to do in the future. In addition you can look at their entry requirements and see if your a-level choice fits them! It's never too early to start thinking about it and it'll give you a sense of direction on what to choose! Personally I knew I wanted to work in a science field but didn't know where, so I chose Bio and Chem! Also I would recommend checking out these free resources that could help you in the future!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
Study Mind
psychstudent2625
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dahlia06)
im also doing psych and lit (with politics)
ayyyy lessgo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads