The Student Room Group

A-level Biology marking question

Hiya everyone it is my first time posting on here so sorry if this is not how you do it or in the wrong place! I was marking a question on a biology a level where it says to state how tissue fluid is formed. I had said it was formed in the capillary from fluid extracted from the venous end of a capillary when it is actually the arteriole end. In the mark scheme the word arteriole is in brackets indicating you don't have to have said this to get the mark but I was just wondering if anyone knows if I said venous rather than arteriole if I would get the mark or if this is considered wrong ? Thanks everyone!
Original post by Bluebell14
Hiya everyone it is my first time posting on here so sorry if this is not how you do it or in the wrong place! I was marking a question on a biology a level where it says to state how tissue fluid is formed. I had said it was formed in the capillary from fluid extracted from the venous end of a capillary when it is actually the arteriole end. In the mark scheme the word arteriole is in brackets indicating you don't have to have said this to get the mark but I was just wondering if anyone knows if I said venous rather than arteriole if I would get the mark or if this is considered wrong ? Thanks everyone!

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 17.09.55.png
Anyone know ? Thank you!!
Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 17.09.55.png
Anyone know ? Thank you!!

hiya, so i’m pretty sure you’d have to say arteriole end, or if u didn’t say that just saying capillary gets you the mark. i’m unsure if you’ll get the mark of venous because mark schemes are always so picky they might glance over that if it’s not mentioned specifically in the mark scheme that it’ll be accepted
Reply 4
If I were an examiner, I wouldn't give the mark. Always write arteriole end even if it's in brackets.
Thank you so much! That's really helpful. x
Original post by justsurvivin
hiya, so i’m pretty sure you’d have to say arteriole end, or if u didn’t say that just saying capillary gets you the mark. i’m unsure if you’ll get the mark of venous because mark schemes are always so picky they might glance over that if it’s not mentioned specifically in the mark scheme that it’ll be accepted
Thank you for your reply! I will always remember to write arteriole in the future! x
Original post by Aeulia
If I were an examiner, I wouldn't give the mark. Always write arteriole end even if it's in brackets.

Quick Reply

Latest