The Student Room Group

Eduqas A Level Media Studies Paper 2 [8th June]

I haven’t seen a thread for this yet, so what are your predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hey, i dont know what to expect but we'll know that the bigger questions are on Womens Realm and Huck, Attitude and Zoella and the smaller ones will be The Bridge and Life on Mars. Im super nervous as to what the Online media question could be on.. you have any ideas?
(Original post by 12s3456)I haven’t seen a thread for this yet, so what are your predictions?
Reply 3
Original post by lilybsp
Hey, i dont know what to expect but we'll know that the bigger questions are on Womens Realm and Huck, Attitude and Zoella and the smaller ones will be The Bridge and Life on Mars. Im super nervous as to what the Online media question could be on.. you have any ideas?
(Original post by 12s3456)I haven’t seen a thread for this yet, so what are your predictions?

I have no idea, I’m just concerned about the evaluation question because I only found out we had one the other day and we haven’t done any preparation on them :frown:

I think on magazines it’ll be about viewpoints and ideologies, or something along those lines with media language? Maybe this one is evaluating Barthes or Levi-Strauss’ theory? For TV I’m hoping for audience targeting/marketing and representation of either male/female/stereotypes. For online media, I’m hoping for regulation or economic context because they’re the easiest to talk about, though paper 1 had economic context for newspapers so i have no idea.

My worry is the questions being specific or worded weirdly
i did so bad on paper 1 and I have to do well on paper 2 lol. i hate the magazine section so much. women magazine and adbusters. anyone got any key points we can talk about?
Reply 5
What came up in paper 1?
Reply 6
Original post by sadem0
What came up in paper 1?

it was an unseen mv on up all night by beck then we had a 30 marker on KOV and this unseen text on gender representation then i cant quite remember but i think newspapers was economical context on daily mirror and i cant remember the times one oops and lastly the wateraid one was worded weird like how does it categorise audiences and then the target audiences was all okay
Original post by sagr1ka
it was an unseen mv on up all night by beck then we had a 30 marker on KOV and this unseen text on gender representation then i cant quite remember but i think newspapers was economical context on daily mirror and i cant remember the times one oops and lastly the wateraid one was worded weird like how does it categorise audiences and then the target audiences was all okay

what about paper 2??? they really put the most irrelevant theory for life on Mars and wtf was that semiotics question? how well did you do on paper 2?
Reply 8
Original post by ToGodly
what about paper 2??? they really put the most irrelevant theory for life on Mars and wtf was that semiotics question? how well did you do on paper 2?

ohh i do humans and the bridge sorry !! but i spoke about like fan fiction and textual poaching and then like an older target audience i thinkkk and the semitoics one i did it on the big issue and vogue i think what ur meant to do is like agree that the theory is good or disagree and explain why a different theory that would work so i agreed for the first one using symbolic codes and then said then barthes theory kinda assumes that the audience has a preferred reading so i said the reception theory would work i also mentioned betty friedan and then i spoke about how baudrillards theory would work instead tbh tho i only found out the day before that there would be a question to do abt evaluation so i was stressing a lot😭 honestly i think i did better in the 2nd one

dont stress out tho ! i did waffled quite a bit and ik waffle doesnt alw get marks but thats all i did !!
Original post by sagr1ka
ohh i do humans and the bridge sorry !! but i spoke about like fan fiction and textual poaching and then like an older target audience i thinkkk and the semitoics one i did it on the big issue and vogue i think what ur meant to do is like agree that the theory is good or disagree and explain why a different theory that would work so i agreed for the first one using symbolic codes and then said then barthes theory kinda assumes that the audience has a preferred reading so i said the reception theory would work i also mentioned betty friedan and then i spoke about how baudrillards theory would work instead tbh tho i only found out the day before that there would be a question to do abt evaluation so i was stressing a lot😭 honestly i think i did better in the 2nd one

dont stress out tho ! i did waffled quite a bit and ik waffle doesnt alw get marks but thats all i did !!

well done, but how can you say you found paper 2 better??? bro I never waffled that much in my life, that semiotics question was apparently a university standard. anyways no more media studies, I hated it all 2 years. and I signed off the from class last week. and now I'm missing it. but good luck.
Original post by ToGodly
well done, but how can you say you found paper 2 better??? bro I never waffled that much in my life, that semiotics question was apparently a university standard. anyways no more media studies, I hated it all 2 years. and I signed off the from class last week. and now I'm missing it. but good luck.

IM SORRY UNI STANDARD?? wth nvm ive probably done horrid.. and i found it better bc i hated both the newspaper q and the wateraid one loll i hated media too tbh the course work was so fun for me tho glad no more media now i j have chem and bio unfortunately which is worse :/
Original post by sagr1ka
IM SORRY UNI STANDARD?? wth nvm ive probably done horrid.. and i found it better bc i hated both the newspaper q and the wateraid one loll i hated media too tbh the course work was so fun for me tho glad no more media now i j have chem and bio unfortunately which is worse :/

oh wow, what are you doing in uni? ye newspapers were the topic I hated the most. I really enjoyed water aid and a kiss of the vampire and I had a lot of hope in these topics but after paper 1 they betrayed me loool.
Original post by ToGodly
oh wow, what are you doing in uni? ye newspapers were the topic I hated the most. I really enjoyed water aid and a kiss of the vampire and I had a lot of hope in these topics but after paper 1 they betrayed me loool.

omg noo did u not like paper 1? i really liked the kov q and if i get the grades biochem or its a gap year loll wbu !
Original post by sagr1ka
omg noo did u not like paper 1? i really liked the kov q and if i get the grades biochem or its a gap year loll wbu !

now that I have done the papers, I'm gonna be honest I literally did 2 days of revision only... I know it's not acceptable but I actually just had enough because the coursework was sooo annoying. I did Television. the coursework took all my energy. and that's a great choice even though I'm scared for the grades I need AAA for law.
Original post by ToGodly
now that I have done the papers, I'm gonna be honest I literally did 2 days of revision only... I know it's not acceptable but I actually just had enough because the coursework was sooo annoying. I did Television. the coursework took all my energy. and that's a great choice even though I'm scared for the grades I need AAA for law.

i did magazine there was no wayy i could do any of the other briefs well done for doing tv tho was it a long process? and omg good luck im sure you will get the grades you want !! even if u dont get the grades u want its not the end you can always retake and im ngl i didnt rlly bother a lot w media over my other subjects kinda just watched a lot of miss fisher lolll
Original post by sagr1ka
i did magazine there was no wayy i could do any of the other briefs well done for doing tv tho was it a long process? and omg good luck im sure you will get the grades you want !! even if u dont get the grades u want its not the end you can always retake and im ngl i didnt rlly bother a lot w media over my other subjects kinda just watched a lot of miss fisher lolll

ye magazine was quite popular in my class, only I did Television lol. It was worth all the effort I got an A. was very hard and time-consuming to do all the editing, copyright-free sound etc. and you are right Mrs fisher is literally a life saver, better than my teacher. btw are you a boy or girl? because in my media class there were only 3 boys and about 14 girls.
Original post by ToGodly
ye magazine was quite popular in my class, only I did Television lol. It was worth all the effort I got an A. was very hard and time-consuming to do all the editing, copyright-free sound etc. and you are right Mrs fisher is literally a life saver, better than my teacher. btw are you a boy or girl? because in my media class there were only 3 boys and about 14 girls.

well donee i got an a* but thats only bc tbh i kinda knew what i was doing n planned it out quite a bit so i am pleased and nah literally so true i learn more off her than my own. im a girl haha there is 1 boy in my class but in my friends class theres more boys over everyone else
Original post by sagr1ka
well donee i got an a* but thats only bc tbh i kinda knew what i was doing n planned it out quite a bit so i am pleased and nah literally so true i learn more off her than my own. im a girl haha there is 1 boy in my class but in my friends class theres more boys over everyone else

oh wow, you are smart ngl and don't say you are not because you got A* but also found paper 2 easy lool that proves enough. I need to make more friends that are smart so I get influenced by them haha.
Original post by ToGodly
oh wow, you are smart ngl and don't say you are not because you got A* but also found paper 2 easy lool that proves enough. I need to make more friends that are smart so I get influenced by them haha.

LOLL nah nah im not smart😭 im not very good w essays ngl not my biggest strength like i understood all theories etc but i was never good at writing essays in class i would get B/C's and i got an a* bc i did my magazine on like indian based and i am indian so it was very easy for me to just get pictures etc and paper 2 honestly i was dreading it bc of zoella and attitude but unlike paper 1 i kinda knew what was coming up so it was a lot better and i also actually tried to revise unlike the other times oops. one of my friends was literally telling me stuff to remember j before we got into the exam and i used a lot of what they said to me pahaha
Original post by sagr1ka
LOLL nah nah im not smart😭 im not very good w essays ngl not my biggest strength like i understood all theories etc but i was never good at writing essays in class i would get B/C's and i got an a* bc i did my magazine on like indian based and i am indian so it was very easy for me to just get pictures etc and paper 2 honestly i was dreading it bc of zoella and attitude but unlike paper 1 i kinda knew what was coming up so it was a lot better and i also actually tried to revise unlike the other times oops. one of my friends was literally telling me stuff to remember j before we got into the exam and i used a lot of what they said to me pahaha

Oh damn you are Indian… I’m Pakistani lol. We should be friends ngl that’s quite rare. And alsoooo just stop lyinggggg that’s what every smart person does give excuses. Stop being so humble and just accept you are smart. And wdym you get B in essays that’s very good… B doesn’t stand for bad haha.

Quick Reply