Help on GCSE physics question!

Watch this thread
Sazzysz7
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I don’t really understand a question. If you could kindly help me out a little it would mean a lot! (Question attached below)Name:  B6FBED80-4F0C-4EC7-A0BF-2B63155542E0.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  42.4 KB
Last edited by Sazzysz7; 2 months ago
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
What I think:
It's asking you about energy transfers so for example (not the answer): chemical energy to heat energy

You need to think about energy transfers in 3 things: rolling down the hill, the brakes stopping the bike, and the bike heating up

Then think about what forces i.e friction, weight, upthrust etc

That should be 4 marks
ameliashaw25
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
hi so basically its asking for you to explain which energy transfers are happening, ie potential/ electrical energy. then you just have to say the forces that causes the energy transfers to happen ie gravity. hope this helps! xx
(Original post by Sazzysz7)
Hi, I don’t really understand a question. If you could kindly help me out a little it would mean a lot! (Question attached below)Name:  B6FBED80-4F0C-4EC7-A0BF-2B63155542E0.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  42.4 KB
jamest0394q
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
also just want to tell u that dissipation of energy is useful when bringing a vehicle safely to rest as the kinetic energy is reduced
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (18)
30.51%
Take a gap year (14)
23.73%
Resit my exams (9)
15.25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.56%
I don't know yet (7)
11.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.08%

Watched Threads