Evaluation for AO2 15 Marker

Watch this thread
zingy1
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I wanted to know what the difference is between explaining strengths and weaknesses and evaluation in Philosophy and Ethics and also, why aren't strengths and weaknesses alone evaluation? What is it that I have to do to ensure I'm evaluating?
zingy1
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by zingy1)
I wanted to know what the difference is between explaining strengths and weaknesses and evaluation in Philosophy and Ethics and also, why aren't strengths and weaknesses alone evaluation? What is it that I have to do to ensure I'm evaluating?
Joe312
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by zingy1)
Evaluation is when you judge whether the strengths outweigh the weaknesses, or whether the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.

Better yet, it's when you judge whether a particular strength counters a particular weakness, or whether a particular weakness counters a particular strength.

It's when you assess whether a weakness could be defended against, or whether a supposed strength could be criticised.

Evaluation is when you judge which side of a debate is right and why.

This is all very different from merely explaining/listing the strengths and weaknesses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (19)
31.67%
Take a gap year (14)
23.33%
Resit my exams (9)
15%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.33%
I don't know yet (7)
11.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5%

Watched Threads