Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having to debate that WW1 was more important than WW2 for a History club..any ideas? I'm arguing the significance of WW1 as a cause of WW2 and the importance of WW1 in the arrival of Communism+the huge scale of fighting that hadn't been seen before. Any help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    You could argue that the First World War changed the map of Europe and the world in a greater scale than the Second, it shaped a lot of new states like Poland, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Iraq etc.

ReputationRep:
    World War One was the first war of it's kind, large scale misery, death and actual fighting. It was also a transition from the 'old' way of fighting, as researching people like General Haig will tell you.

ReputationRep:
    The aftermath of World War 1 brought Hitler to the frame - and without Hitler there would have been no WWII. If I was in your shoes - I think I would base my argument around this.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help..I ended up losing by 19 votes to 17 votes...still was close!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.