Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7717336.stm

There is still some hope in the world

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that is a really decent thing to do. Also good on the shopkeeper for giving the money to charity.

ReputationRep:
    How noble. I stand by my belief that there is good in all people.

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of 'My Name is Earl'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    This reminds me of 'My Name is Earl'...
    Nah, that isn't Earls style, he would go round there and end up doing some obscure mission in order to make everything OK.

ReputationRep:
    That was actually a nice thing to read for once.

ReputationRep:
    It makes you smile to hear the news reporting nice stories like this. Much better the constant suffering you get on the new these days.

ReputationRep:
    awwww, that's really nice. Kudos to the shop manager giving the money to charity as well. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    wow.. im actually shocked

ReputationRep:
    what a dumbass shop keeper, honestly. he just lost £100.

ReputationRep:
    wow that doesnt happen often

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt be surprised if the police did not examine the paper for finger prints and prosecute the petty thief.

ReputationRep:
    So some people do change for the better. Im impressed

ReputationRep:
    How noble. Something nice to read for once. Kudos to the shop keeper as well for giving up the money.

ReputationRep:
    That really still does remind me of "My Name Is Earl". You think the thief watched the show? :p:

but i'm glad he did that, and it was nice of the shopkeeper to give the money to charity instead of taking it back!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aaw, that's lovely I'm shocked but it's restored my faith a bit. Good to read something nice on the news instead.

ReputationRep:
    they should give the letter to the police and let them hunt him/her down

ReputationRep:
    The shopkeeper almost certainly claimed the £100 worth of cigarettes on insurance, so he didn't loose anything.

ReputationRep:
    He can cross the shopkeeper off his karma list now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    The shopkeeper almost certainly claimed the £100 worth of cigarettes on insurance, so he didn't loose anything.
    Wouldn't his insurance costs have gone up the following year, though? Or at least not gone down?

Anyway, it was still a very good thing to do by the shopkeeper, as he could just as easily have kept the £100 and been that much up, bettered only by the charitable and remorseful act of the rehabilitated ex-criminal. Nice story to read

Definitely reminded me of My Name is Early as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.