The Student Room Group

english lit a level jane eyre

so i study aqa english lit a level, and i do jane eyre and the anthology of pre-1900 poetry. i really struggle comparing the two in essays, and the exam is in a few days now. i would really appreciate any advice on how to compare the novel and 2 poems together, i just don't know how to structure the essay and twine all the different texts together?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lotty Ro
so i study aqa english lit a level, and i do jane eyre and the anthology of pre-1900 poetry. i really struggle comparing the two in essays, and the exam is in a few days now. i would really appreciate any advice on how to compare the novel and 2 poems together, i just don't know how to structure the essay and twine all the different texts together?

you're not meant to compare the texts, and you don't get marks for comparing them- think of it more as 2 smaller essays within one question. What i do is do a page and a half of my first text and then mover on to the other for the other page and half. In the intro and conclusion write about them both in 2 different sentences. Just do it like you're writing 2 separate essays. I ever compare and my marks are band4/5 level, so i hope this helps. I f you struggle with timing you could do one para for you're first text and then move on the the second text and then go back to the first text etc...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending