Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anonymous - gf uses forums

Basically, been goin out with my gf for a few weeks now. At first things were goin really well, txing a lot etc, seeing a lot of other.
    But recently things seemed to have cooled off slightly - we're no longer in contact as much and dont see as much of each other

This is my first proper relationship, so is this a normal trend? Just beginning to think that she may be losing interest in me. How can i attempt to rekindle things between us again?

Cheers people!

ReputationRep:
    It is normal for things to cool off, but generally not that quickly. Talk to her about it and see how she's feeling, maybe she's wondering why you're not talking to her as much and you'll talk and all will be well

ReputationRep:
    take her out to the cinema or something....bowling, whatever your're in to! Also, it's the ice skating time of year ... nearly :p:

Another concern is, sent her a text wanting to know if she wanted to do anything tomorrow, but as of yet had no reply I'm getting the impression things are bad!?

U guys agree?

ReputationRep:
    Give her a ring; take her out to dinner: gives you a perfect opportunity to chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Another concern is, sent her a text wanting to know if she wanted to do anything tomorrow, but as of yet had no reply I'm getting the impression things are bad!?

U guys agree?
    Give her time.

But as I said, ringing is the best option

ReputationRep:
    err i thought you wanted to be kept anonymous

ReputationRep:

U guys agree?
    Could she not just be too busy to text/dead phone battery?

All relationships have cooling periods, no matter what stage they are at. Just take her out and re-introduce the excitement and fun.

Alrite guys, its all gone bad now lols
    She doesn't even want to see me - claims that 'she's busy'?
    This sounds to me like this could well be the end!

What do other people think?

ReputationRep:
    Alrite guys, its all gone bad now lols
    She doesn't even want to see me - claims that 'she's busy'?
    This sounds to me like this could well be the end!

What do other people think?
    Ouch... she might not be as serious as you are. Maybe she takes it too easy... That might be the end but don't let her hurt you!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! - seriously, chill. She probably IS busy - she does have a life outside of hanging out with you. Not being harsh, but a healthy relationship means that two people also have time apart from each other. Stop being paranoid and reading into everything. I mean, have you had any contact with her at all? And also, did she simply text "No, I'm busy" - or was she more chit-chatty? Depending on her tone and whether she's flirting, things are probably ok.

And maybe she's just having a bad day. Give her time. Tell her you're worried if you want. And at the end of the day, if she's lost interest - plenty more fish in the sea. You've only been with her a few weeks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.