The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City, university of london

I have applied to City for a business management undergraduate course. I am thinking of making this university my firm but i have a couple of questions.

A lot of universities do Summer Ball and I was wondering if city does the same? and if so what is the price most likely to be like?

I know undergraduates have their freshers week but Im not sure if the university organises it and then sends an email or if it is through something else so could someone please elaborate on this?

The last thing is that I know city is not a campus based university and that it has its campus all over central london. Does that allow students to go and revise in different places?
Original post by khushi.xo
I have applied to City for a business management undergraduate course. I am thinking of making this university my firm but i have a couple of questions.

A lot of universities do Summer Ball and I was wondering if city does the same? and if so what is the price most likely to be like?

I know undergraduates have their freshers week but Im not sure if the university organises it and then sends an email or if it is through something else so could someone please elaborate on this?

The last thing is that I know city is not a campus based university and that it has its campus all over central london. Does that allow students to go and revise in different places?

HI @khushi.xo

Glad to hear that you chose City as one of your main university choices :smile:

Regarding City's Summer Ball, we are organising one in collaboration with other London universities. Here you can find more details about it. These kinds of events vary each year so you will have to check the students' union website to find out what's going on.

Our university organises Fresher's Week each year and we will send you information about it through an email closer to the beginning of the academic year. You can keep an eye on the Student's Union website again, where you can find all the information about it.

Lastly, you can revise in different places across the campus as the buildings are located close by. You can find more information about our campus here.

Best wishes,

Raluca Tancu
Official Bayes Business School Student Rep
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

Firstly, congratulations on receiving an offer to join us at City, University of London! This is a great achievement and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you on-campus in future.

Lastly, you can revise in different places across the campus as the buildings are located close by. You can find more information about our campus

The social aspect at City UoL is great! Firstly, we have a Freshers Welcome Week in the first week before you start university, so you will have plenty of opportunities to meet new people through the various activities they have going on both on-site and off-site. For example, I remember when I had my Freshers Week, we had a Boat Party. You will also have a Societies Fair where you can join up to any societies of your interest. Here, through society events, you can make friends with those of similar interest to you. We even have our very own CityBar on-campus too. Moreover, as the university is in the heart of London, there are plenty of restaurants nearby and opportunities for night life.

With regards too Freshers Week, information will be sent to you via email when you first start the academic year (our Students' Union website also has information on there too). With regards to City's Summer Ball, more information can be found via this link: https://www.citystudents.co.uk/ents/event/2716/undefined/. Regarding campus locations, you may revise in any of the different places which are located nearby: https://www.city.ac.uk/about/facilities/campuses.

Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies!

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London
Reply 3
Original post by Raluca-CityUoL
HI @khushi.xo

Glad to hear that you chose City as one of your main university choices :smile:

Regarding City's Summer Ball, we are organising one in collaboration with other London universities. Here you can find more details about it. These kinds of events vary each year so you will have to check the students' union website to find out what's going on.

Our university organises Fresher's Week each year and we will send you information about it through an email closer to the beginning of the academic year. You can keep an eye on the Student's Union website again, where you can find all the information about it.

Lastly, you can revise in different places across the campus as the buildings are located close by. You can find more information about our campus here.

Best wishes,

Raluca Tancu
Official Bayes Business School Student Rep

Thank you so much x
Reply 4
Original post by Abida@CityUoL-StudentRep
Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

Firstly, congratulations on receiving an offer to join us at City, University of London! This is a great achievement and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you on-campus in future.

Lastly, you can revise in different places across the campus as the buildings are located close by. You can find more information about our campus

The social aspect at City UoL is great! Firstly, we have a Freshers Welcome Week in the first week before you start university, so you will have plenty of opportunities to meet new people through the various activities they have going on both on-site and off-site. For example, I remember when I had my Freshers Week, we had a Boat Party. You will also have a Societies Fair where you can join up to any societies of your interest. Here, through society events, you can make friends with those of similar interest to you. We even have our very own CityBar on-campus too. Moreover, as the university is in the heart of London, there are plenty of restaurants nearby and opportunities for night life.

With regards too Freshers Week, information will be sent to you via email when you first start the academic year (our Students' Union website also has information on there too). With regards to City's Summer Ball, more information can be found via this link: https://www.citystudents.co.uk/ents/event/2716/undefined/. Regarding campus locations, you may revise in any of the different places which are located nearby: https://www.city.ac.uk/about/facilities/campuses.

Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies!

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London

Okay thank you! When do the academic term start? I heard it starts in october after freshers week
Okay thank you! When do the academic term start? I heard it starts in october after freshers week

It all depends on your course, but yes, usually the first week in October!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending