The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

food poisoning over but...

so i had food poisoning from the end of two weeks ago and it persisted throughout last week and got better now. i have solid poos now and don't feel ill. at the worst part of the food poisoning, i had migraines and felt really ill.

but now i have solid poos. but the poo is still very sulfuric in smell. and sometimes if im on the toilet for a while (i like to watch tiktoks) after all the solid poo, there will suddenly be a bit of loose poo. is this normal? does it take a while before your stomach fully recovers even when the bug is out of your system?

also noticed some swelling of my belly/hardness during the food poisoning. it's gone away now but a bit hard still, don't know if this is normal or not.

i've already seen a GP who confirmed that during it all, that it was indeed food poisoning and nothing more nefarious (IBD flare-up, STI ...)

anyone got any tipsssssssszz
One tip is that is bad for u to stay in the toilet for too long
PLEASSEEE help advice :frown: :frown: UmU
Original post by Anonymous
so i had food poisoning from the end of two weeks ago and it persisted throughout last week and got better now. i have solid poos now and don't feel ill. at the worst part of the food poisoning, i had migraines and felt really ill.

but now i have solid poos. but the poo is still very sulfuric in smell. and sometimes if im on the toilet for a while (i like to watch tiktoks) after all the solid poo, there will suddenly be a bit of loose poo. is this normal? does it take a while before your stomach fully recovers even when the bug is out of your system?

also noticed some swelling of my belly/hardness during the food poisoning. it's gone away now but a bit hard still, don't know if this is normal or not.

i've already seen a GP who confirmed that during it all, that it was indeed food poisoning and nothing more nefarious (IBD flare-up, STI ...)

anyone got any tipsssssssszz

Sorry for the late reply I've had similar problems i get alot of upset stomachs however on days where I have a solid bowel movement if I'm on the toilet for a few minutes I then have loose watery stools after the solid stools often passing gas at the same time . My stomach sometimes swells up this could be due to being bloated so maybe it's a similar issue . Hope you are feeling better

Latest