Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language - Paper 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i done this paper aswell today and also compared it to nothings changed!!

i also done the writing to the PM question as i thought it was the easiest to follow and have a structure!

Maths Paper 2 on Wed!!

ReputationRep:
    I compared it to two scavengers.

I'm quietly confident that I'll achieve an A overall. If not, there's always next year to retake.

ReputationRep:
    I compared ''what were they like'' to ''limbo'' and said the meanings of the poem was having your culture taken away one way or another. War took the vietenamse culture and slavery took way the africans.

ReputationRep:
    compared to paper 1, paper 2 was a walk in the park. im so happy!!!!!!!!! i compared it to island man, and for section B, i did the describe!!

now im only worrying that paper A will have drastically brought my grade down .

anyway when do we get the results?

ReputationRep:
    Does each test count for about 30%?

ReputationRep:
    all of paper 2 counted as 30%, so is paper 1, the rest (40%) is made up of coursework, speaking and listening.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, each section in the two tests is 15%, so there's 60% up for grabs in the two papers. In the coursework, 6.67% is given for each speaking and listening activity (dramas, presentations) - there's three of these and they add up to 20%. With regards to the written aspects, they are 5% each as there is Shakespeare, A prose based drama, Original Writing and Post-1914 prose.

We get the exam results in mid-January I heard; so not too long.

ReputationRep:
    as soon as someones gets the results: make a thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London271)
    Yes! I am glad someone compared What were they like to Nothing's Changed!I did! :p:

I didn't really revise what were they like as its come up 2 times already i didn't think it would come up again! but it did!

I thought the paper was ok. much better that Paper 1!

I was going to compare it to Island Man but there is so muc more to talk about with N-Changed! Good Luck with your results, I am hoping for a B!

I did the describe question.
    Ahhh great i actually thought i was the only one who chose Nothings Changed but greaat , & yeah good luck with urs too

ReputationRep:
    We get the results on Thursday 15th Jan '09!

ReputationRep:
    A Question for Everyone Who Took AQA Paper 2

How many pages did you write for your Poetry Essay? I did 3 and a bit.

How many pages did you write for Inform/Describe/Explain? I did 2 and a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Well the exam went better than I origionally expected. I compared 'Hurricane Hits England' with 'Night of the Scorpion'. I was really happy with the question and even happier with section 2

ReputationRep:
    A Question for Everyone Who Took AQA Paper 2

How many pages did you write for your Poetry Essay? I did 3 and a bit.

How many pages did you write for Inform/Describe/Explain? I did 2 and a bit.
    Probably 3 and a half; I did 3 full pages and counting the first few lines on the front page (which I find annoying) with a few more lines on the last page I did, I'd say I completed another half a page.( so all in all three and a half pages)

And for section two, I did about 2-3 I think. Definitely two full sides

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 3 pages for the poetry essay & 3 pages for the section B

ReputationRep:
    about 3 pages each...

i used about a page each plannin each fing so i needed an additional sheet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    Well the exam went better than I origionally expected. I compared 'Hurricane Hits England' with 'Night of the Scorpion'. I was really happy with the question and even happier with section 2
    Are you allowed to cross-reference between the two clusters? I thought you couldn't and that's why I compared it to Moniza Alvi's poem, Presents from my Aunts in Pakistan. With regards to the length, I wrote 4½ pages for the first section (including that bit on the front page) and 3½ pages for the Letter to the Prime Minister - I'd wrote one before, so it was really a matter of remembering what I'd wrote.

ReputationRep:
    according to my teacher you CAN compare poems from different clusters. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    So people, whats your predicted grade?

ReputationRep:
    So people, whats your predicted grade?
    Mine's an A, but I really want to get an A*. It sounds like snobbery, but I just can't see myself getting one in anything else apart from that and RE (which I've already got). London271?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Mine's an A, but I really want to get an A*. It sounds like snobbery, but I just can't see myself getting one in anything else apart from that and RE (which I've already got). London271?
    Well I got a C before and was predicted an A/B! SO B minimum and I think I could have go an A/A* if Paper one wasn't so bad! paper 2 will have helped! Hopefully a minimum a B!

Good Luck in your results :yep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.