Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On Mondays I have a 1 hour workshop. We do nothing in the workshop apart from finish of some work, which I am up to date with. I have to travel for 2 hours to get in for this 1 hour workshop.

If it isn't doing me any harm missing it do you think it's ok to miss it or should I be attending all time?

I also miss the Web Development lecture on a Friday because it's 2 hours and I never learn nothing, because I already know what they are teaching. I mean I completed the assignment in 3 days, it's taking everyone else 7 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    If you 'never learn nothing' then don't go if you don't want to
    I just don't want to get into trouble for missing lectures/workshops.

ReputationRep:
    Is attendance an assessed part of the module? Is there a register? If not, I wouldn't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creole)
    Is attendance an assessed part of the module? Is there a register? If not, I wouldn't go.
    There is a register, but I think thats incase there is a fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creole)
    On my course they assess your attendance in order for you to get your student loan.
    But really if you think you dont need to go and its wasting your time because you no the stuff dont go.
    I skipped a few lectures last year, becasue the lectures were a waste of time the lecturer didnt no what she was doing and the work was basic etc
    It never affected my attndance because I didnt miss a huge amount of classes.
    I wouldnt worry if you chose not to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    If you 'never learn nothing' then don't go if you don't want to
    Indeed, I don't go to half of my lectures because they're on the net and I managed to average 80% last year lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.