The Student Room Group

2022/23 table prediction

Title: Expect a three horse race between City, Liverpool and Chelsea. City and Liverpool both get around 90, while Chelsea gets around 85.

Top 4: Arsenal gets the last spot, but United joins them as Europa League winners. Or it may go the other way.

European spots: Spurs and West Ham (as Conference League winners) in the Europa League, and Leicester in the Conference League.

Relegated: Leeds, Bournemouth, Fulham
Reply 1
By the way, will the next winning side get above 90 again?
Reply 2
No chance Arsenal get top 4, Spurs have made good signings in January and have a 150m+ budget this summer from the cash injection, as well as a better manager. Man U also have a new manager and a great squad if they can get it working together.

Chelsea also dropped off a lot in the second half of the season so i reckon they’ll be in the top 4 race more than a title race, especially with new owners and most of their defence leaving
Reply 3
Original post by TomR4
No chance Arsenal get top 4, Spurs have made good signings in January and have a 150m+ budget this summer from the cash injection, as well as a better manager. Man U also have a new manager and a great squad if they can get it working together.

Chelsea also dropped off a lot in the second half of the season so i reckon they’ll be in the top 4 race more than a title race, especially with new owners and most of their defence leaving

So the title race is Liverpool and City again?
Reply 4
Original post by 8013
So the title race is Liverpool and City again?

Yeah I reckon that’s most likely. At the moment I think city will run away with it if Haaland hits the ground running but all depends on whether liverpool make good signings (their squad is starting to age and they might have a hangover from losing the prem and cl).

I feel like it will be a dominant city year where it’s wrapped up with multiple games still to go, hopefully i’m wrong though.
Teams - Fulham, B'Mouth
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Tottenham Hotspur - Good team. Good manager. Son will come into his own this season and just be a force in the league with most goals and assists bar any injuries.
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester United
7. West Ham - With no Europa league, they should aim to get above 7th and back into Europa League. Probably win Conf. League tho.
8. Leicester - Could probably have a worse year, this year. Their team is at its weakest in years
9. Newcastle - Will have a great battle with Brighton for 9th
10. Brighton - Will have a great battle with Newcastle for 9th
11. Aston Villa
12. Crystal Palace
13. Wolverhampton Wanderers
14. Brentford
15. Bournemouth
16. Everton
17. Nottingham Forest
18. Leeds
19. Fulham
20. Southampton - People are overrating this team. They don't have a star and their team isn't good. Armando Broja is back at Chelsea and Che Adams is not consistent enough.
Reply 6
Original post by rakhtar061
Teams - Fulham, B'Mouth
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Tottenham Hotspur - Good team. Good manager. Son will come into his own this season and just be a force in the league with most goals and assists bar any injuries.
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester United
7. West Ham - With no Europa league, they should aim to get above 7th and back into Europa League. Probably win Conf. League tho.
8. Leicester - Could probably have a worse year, this year. Their team is at its weakest in years
11. Aston Villa
12. Crystal Palace
14. Brentford
15. Bournemouth
16. Everton
17. Nottingham Forest
18. Leeds
19. Fulham
20. Southampton - People are overrating this team. They don't have a star and their team isn't good. Armando Broja is back at Chelsea and Che Adams is not consistent enough.

Your post prompted me to post on here after a long hiatus. (But don’t worry folks these days I have far more important things to attend to 🐤)

Two things. First I like your predictions. Don’t agree with all of them of course. The number of combinations would make that very unlikely but I like how your mind works in relation to this kind of thing .
You could probably make money betting on long term markets.

Second, I personally have no preconceived notions of what any team will do unless they’re clear odds on favourites. So I find out who the most respected people are and read what they’re thinking and saying .

And I can assure you that every person whose opinion I respect is saying Saints will have a very bad season.

No one is predicting them to be bottom mind but still.

Anyway the funny thing is that when everyone is predicting something every fibre in my body tells me to oppose.

In the case of Saints I think the smart thing to do (betting wise-unfortunately my interest is purely financial) is nothing early on but to be ready to strike later in the season .

Another team being widely predicted by those in the know (ha) to do badly is Wolves .

As far as the rest of the Premiership is concerned I will end with a contradictory statement.

I think this season will somehow simultaneously be the most interesting Premiership ever …and the most predictable. 🦧
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by rakhtar061
Teams - Fulham, B'Mouth
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester United
11. Aston Villa
12. Crystal Palace
14. Brentford
15. Bournemouth
16. Everton
17. Nottingham Forest
18. Leeds
19. Fulham

1. I agree with Southampton going down. I told @Wise Goldie they would get relegated last season. I was wrong, but only because Burnley never backed Sean Dyche. They are lucky they still have James Ward Prowse. He’s good enough to play for a top 6 club. I’m surprised Spurs haven’t bought him and gave Southampton Harry Winks.

2. How is Leicester’s team the weakest in years ? They haven’t signed anyone or sold anyone? Last season they had so many injuries. They have kept Maddison and Tielemeans, I think they can get 7th for sure.

3. Brighton sold Bissouma and will sell Cucurella too probably. I think they will struggle but I hope I’m wrong.

4. I think Nottingham Forest will get relegated and finish dead last unless they sign a striker. Lyle Taylor isn’t going to cut it at this level.
Original post by Driving_Mad
1. I agree with Southampton going down. I told @Wise Goldie they would get relegated last season. I was wrong, but only because Burnley never backed Sean Dyche. They are lucky they still have James Ward Prowse. He’s good enough to play for a top 6 club. I’m surprised Spurs haven’t bought him and gave Southampton Harry Winks.

2. How is Leicester’s team the weakest in years ? They haven’t signed anyone or sold anyone? Last season they had so many injuries. They have kept Maddison and Tielemeans, I think they can get 7th for sure.

3. Brighton sold Bissouma and will sell Cucurella too probably. I think they will struggle but I hope I’m wrong.

4. I think Nottingham Forest will get relegated and finish dead last unless they sign a striker. Lyle Taylor isn’t going to cut it at this level.

i think we will be 15th cos we bought a few good young players our problem is always our defense:smile:

also dyche was not backed like kompany is getting backed now i agree
Original post by Wise Goldie
i think we will be 15th cos we bought a few good young players our problem is always our defense:smile:

also dyche was not backed like kompany is getting backed now i agree

Hassenhutl is a good manager and Ward-Prowse is one of the best players outside the top 6. If Che Adams / your new striker don't score goals you could go down but I hope not because Southampton are a likeable team. Joe Aribo is a good signing.

Yeah to be honest I hope Burnley get relegeated from the Championship because they sacked Dyche when he could have saved them. They'll lose Dwight Mcneil and Cornet and they sold Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Weghorst and Nick Pope.

Kompany didn't do a great job at Anderlecht so I am not hopeful for their chances this season. He also wears a cap all the time indoors. They won't play in the Premier League again for 20 years.
Original post by Driving_Mad
Hassenhutl is a good manager and Ward-Prowse is one of the best players outside the top 6. If Che Adams / your new striker don't score goals you could go down but I hope not because Southampton are a likeable team. Joe Aribo is a good signing.

Yeah to be honest I hope Burnley get relegeated from the Championship because they sacked Dyche when he could have saved them. They'll lose Dwight Mcneil and Cornet and they sold Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Weghorst and Nick Pope.

Kompany didn't do a great job at Anderlecht so I am not hopeful for their chances this season. He also wears a cap all the time indoors. They won't play in the Premier League again for 20 years.

weghourst is terrible imo but losing cornet is a blow for them

my dad is burnley fan and i was born there:smile: but moved to south coast:biggrin:
Original post by 8013
Title: Expect a three horse race between City, Liverpool and Chelsea. City and Liverpool both get around 90, while Chelsea gets around 85.

Top 4: Arsenal gets the last spot, but United joins them as Europa League winners. Or it may go the other way.

European spots: Spurs and West Ham (as Conference League winners) in the Europa League, and Leicester in the Conference League.

Relegated: Leeds, Bournemouth, Fulham

1st. Manchester City
2nd. Liverpool
3rd. Tottenham
4th. Manchester United
5th. Chelsea
6th. Arsenal
7th. West Ham
8th. Leicester City
9th. Wolverhampton Wanderer’s
10th. Newcastle
11th. Aston Villa
12th. Crystal Palace
13th. Brighton
14th. Everton
15th. Southampton
16th. Leeds
17th. Brentford
18th. Fulham
19th. Bournemouth
20th. Nottingham Forest
Not confident with any of this as I’m not knowledgable about a lot of the players (TF are Kamara and Doucoure?):

1. Liverpool - will take an early lead and Man City will priority Champions League
2. Manchester City - I think they have more players going to the World Cup than Liverpool
3. Tottenham - could mount a title charge if Liverpool and Man City underperform. They are certainties for Champions League unless Conte leaves.
4. Chelsea - they’d be wise to sign a striker
5. Arsenal - don’t know why Edu hasn’t brought in a central midfielder
6. Manchester United - need another striker and midfielder surely. They could still get Champions League by winning the Europa League.
7. West Ham
8. Aston Villa - made a lot of good signings, Gerrard will do well there.
9. Newcastle - need a striker to finish as high as I am predicting then unless Callum Wilson stays fit.
10. Leicester - could finish higher or lower depending on Vardy’s fitness and the future of Fofana and Maddison.
11. Crystal Palace
12. Brighton - Bissouma has left and don’t take their chances.
13. Everton - DCL is already injured, Lampard can’t rely on Rondon to score goals. They have some talented players though like McNeil and Gordon and Tarkowski was a good signing.
14. Wolves - haven’t strengthened at all, ended last season poorly, could be dragged in a relegation battle.
15. Leeds - will hugely miss Raphinha and Phillips. Not sure about the American manager. Could go down.
16. Brentford - very well could have a 2nd season like Sheffield United. No Eriksen and Toney needs to perform at a high level. Should do enough to save themselves.
17. Fulham - I’m biased because I like Marco Silva and Harvey Elliott and Fabio Carvalho used to play for Fulham. Mitrovic might finally come good. Pereira and Leno are great signings.
18. Southampton - thought they’d go down last season and they almost did if it weren’t for a brilliant start (mainly down to Broja). Che Adams is under a lot of pressure. Hassenhutl could get sacked towards the end of the season.
19. Bournemouth - I like Scott Parker but they haven’t strengthened.
20. Nottingham Forest - Awoniyi isn’t good enough to score goals. Brennan Johnson will have a good season.

Player of the Year - Mo Salah
Young Player of the Year - Bukayo Saka
Golden Boot- Harry Kane
Top Assist-maker - Kevin De Bruyne
Golden Glove - Alisson
Break-Through star - Harvey Elliott
One to Watch - Jadon Sancho

Manager of the Year - Jurgen Klopp
Biggest overachievers - Aston Villa
Biggest underachievers - Southampton
First Manager to leave - Bruno Lage

Best Signing - Gabriel Jesus
Worst Signing - Djed Spence - I guarantee you Conte will not get on well this guy this season, he could end up training with the u23 by Christmas.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 8013
By the way, will the next winning side get above 90 again?

I think so. City and Liverpool may get both over 90 points again, be it as winner or runner-up.

Quick Reply

Latest