The Student Room Group

I don’t know which university to choose

I have an offer to study pharmacy with a foundation year at the university of Manchester and an offer to study a science extended degree for one year to then progress on to pharmacy .Inreally don’t know which university to go to and don’t want to have any regrets in September
Original post by soaosaoid
I have an offer to study pharmacy with a foundation year at the university of Manchester and an offer to study a science extended degree for one year to then progress on to pharmacy .Inreally don’t know which university to go to and don’t want to have any regrets in September

You question implies that you're struggling to choose between two universities, but I only see "university of Manchester" mentioned in your post. Which is the other university you are considering?
Reply 2
the science extended degree is at huddersfield and would allow me to progress on to pharmacy if i got 70% in each module
'Which Uni' does not matter for Pharmacy - the NHS wont care where you trained as long you are qualified.
So, it comes down to which place you want to live - Manchester or Huddersfield.
Look at the Uni campus tour films on YouTube and the 'tourist' films for each place
Btw, living costs will be a great less in Huddersfield than Manchester.
Reply 4

Hey,
I have made manchester as my firm choice and its quite good like the faculty and everything but it really depends where you wanna go:smile:
Two thirds of pharmacy graduates end up in retail pharmacy. Those are private or Ltd companies like Boots, Tesco, Lloyds, Mr Blog's chemist, etc.
The 'NHS' i.e. hospital and GP practice pharmacy only account for around 30% of jobs for pharmacy graduates.
But as long as you pass the pre-reg exam and get on the register, then the poster is correct, ..... with pharmacy no one cares which university you went to.

the science extended degree is at huddersfield and would allow me to progress on to pharmacy if i got 70% in each module

Hi @soaosaoid
Congratulations! It's great to hear that you have received 2 offers at great universities!
I understand that it can be quite difficult to decide between two universities.
I can definitely help regarding the University of Huddersfield. Have you been to ours and the University of Manchester's open day?
You could write down the pros and cons of each university which may be able to help you make a decision.
I'm sure you will have a good time at whichever university you decide to study at.

I hope I have been of some help
Please don't hesitate to ask further questions!
Aaliya ~ 3rd year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest