This discussion is closed.
davidreesjones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
does anyone know which calculators are not allowed for edexcel maths exams - i have an S2 exam tomorrow and wanted to use a graphical calculator (for pdf ?s)

thanks
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by davidreesjones)
does anyone know which calculators are not allowed for edexcel maths exams - i have an S2 exam tomorrow and wanted to use a graphical calculator (for pdf ?s)

thanks
Unit S2 – Statistics
The examination
The examination will consist of one 1½ hour paper. The paper will contain about seven
questions with varying mark allocations per question which will be stated on the paper. All
questions may be attempted.
Candidates are expected to know any other formulae which might be required by the
specification and which are not included in the booklet, Mathematical Formulae including
Statistical Formulae and Tables, which will be provided for use with the paper. Questions will
be set in SI units and other units in common usage.
Candidates are expected to have available a calculator with at least the following keys: +, −, ×, ÷,
π, x2, √x,
x
1 , xy, ln x, ex, sine, cosine and tangent and their inverses in degrees and decimals of a
degree, and in radians; memory. Calculators with a facility for symbolic algebra, differentiation
and/or integration are not permitted.

from
http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...cification.pdf

Aitch
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.88%
Confident (14)
8.54%
Indifferent (16)
9.76%
Unsure (39)
23.78%
Worried (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads