The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham

University of Nottingham accommodation

Hi, I'm soon to apply for accommodation in Nottingham but I don't know much about them. Could someone talk through the accommodations, the characteristics, and who they'd be best suited for?
I'm sure this has been asked before but..
Cheers
Original post by 59 Theo 74
Hi, I'm soon to apply for accommodation in Nottingham but I don't know much about them. Could someone talk through the accommodations, the characteristics, and who they'd be best suited for?
I'm sure this has been asked before but..
Cheers

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year at Nottingham.

All of the accommodation on campus is catered and the size of the corridors/people you share a bathroom with varies between them.
They are all very similar in terms of the rooms and what you get. Some have to option of studios where you geta bigger room, en suite and sometimes a mini kitchen. Some accommodations such as derby hall and Cripps have a bar whereas some such as Beeston hall don't have this. They all have a dining room where you get your breakfast and tea and you get a meal card to get lunch from any cafe or restaurant on campus.

Halls such as Cripps, lenton and wortley, hugh stewart and lincoln hall are all pretty centrally located on campus and also the closest to the science/engineering end of campus. Other halls such as sherwood, nightingale, cavendish and ancaster are closer to the sports facilities and the humanities side of campus.

Some of the most popular self-catered (off campus) accommodations are Bradgate park, Riverside point, St. Peters court, Nottingham two and Raleigh park. Broadgate is the closest to campus in the town of beeston which is toward the humanities/sports centre end of campus. Riverside point is around a 15 min walk to the science end of campus (30/35 to the other end of campus). St. Peters court and Raleigh park are slightly further away, around a 30 min walk away. St. Peters court has a free bus and you can also get the free university hopper bus from jubilee campus to main campus.

I have left a link below which has details about all of the accommodations and if you have any specific questions about any just let me know,
Emily :smile:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
I've applied for albion house which is near broadgate park and is quieter living

Quick Reply