The Student Room Group

Big tunes from blockbuster movie and TV games (Gameplay with Baby Queen)

About to listen to this episode... is anyone else listening to these? This episode, or in general? It's a bit quiet and lonely in this subforum!

I have no good music suggestions to fit this brief; I'm more likely to watch a movie or TV adaptation of a game I like than vice versa. But if a mediocre game based on a brilliant but cancelled Netflix series will do, here's the OST for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics.

[video="youtube;9KBHN0CBRrk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KBHN0CBRrk[/video]
The Mummy Demastered - Cryptometrics: Nice retro-sounding start. Though, if The Mummy (2017) is the baseline for 'blockbusters', then I needn't have worried about my own suggestion!

Jurassic Park Evolution - The Illusion of Control: Mysterious, relaxing... doesn't scream 'dinosaur' to me, though it is called 'illusion of control'. Presumably the screaming will happen later on.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Oggdo Bogdo: I say it every time a Star Wars game track comes up (and they feature fairly often), but this franchise always has fantastic music.

Fantasia: Music Evolved - Night on Bald Mountain: An iconic piece of music. It's been far too long since I've watched Fantasia; need to check out 2000 as well.

Marvel's Avengers - Every Hero Has to Start Somewhere: Grand orchestral piece... pales in comparison to Night on Bald Mountain, though!

Spider Man: Miles Morales - Confession: Similar to the above, though with a few more electronic sounds thrown in. About what I'd expect a super hero title's music to sound like.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - The Final Battles: Complex feelings about this franchise, but hey, at least it isn't Catherine like last week... And the music's not bad.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Ten Thousand Slain: Loved the intro, but after that it was quite generic, heavy metal guitar and chanting. Very short track, too.

Friday the 13th - A Cabin in the Woods: Haven't watched the films, but I appreciate the change to spooky horror music! Felt that the intro was better than the rest of the track again, though.

John Wick Hex - A Renowned Monster: I know even less about this franchise; definitely some dramatic action BGM, enjoyable enough I guess.

South Park: The Video Game - Warehouse in South Park: Never understood the appeal of this series, at all. At least the music is inoffensive.

Tron RUN/R - Recursion: Haven't watched Tron either, though it does look like my kind of movie. Track was alright, though nothing special.

Overall, not quite up to the standards of recent Gameplay episodes. For the few games whose films I have watched, I found myself wishing I was listening to the movie soundtracks instead... at least Fantasia delivered on that!

Quick Reply

Latest