Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best city to spend New Years? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like going somewhere fun for New Year's that's not in England (in Europe though) but I'm not really sure which cities do the best celebrations..

Anyone got any ideas or past experiences of an awesome New Year?

ReputationRep:
    Belfast is pretty good, was there last year.

ReputationRep:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Cities-...ve-Celebration

ReputationRep:
    Prague! Went last year and it was immense. Fireworks everywhere, cheap beer and food. Plus the place is amazing in the day time too!

Get yourself to Charles' Bridge and watch the giant display they have over the castle.

I'd recommend it to anyone. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, I totally forgot Prague existed until you mentioned it. Always wanted to go there.

ReputationRep:
    biased but Edinburgh or Glasgow but if you want to go further afield you could try Dublin,never been at New Year but been a few times and had a great time.

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar_king)
    Edinburgh.
    Always have wanted to go there for New Year's ! Or Hogmanay as it's known!

London is always good though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar_king)
    Edinburgh.
    I'll be in Edinburgh for New Years this year! What sort of stuff do they do there? I've never been to a proper New Years celebration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    I'll be in Edinburgh for New Years this year! What sort of stuff do they do there? I've never been to a proper New Years celebration.
    There's a big street party which you need tickets for,there's bands etc playing at that.

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but even so, loads of people come into the city who aren't planning on buying tickets for the event, so the atmosphere is electric.

ReputationRep:
    I say Hamburg.

http://www.seelenradio.de/wp-content...er-hamburg.jpg

ReputationRep:
    London. New York. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symph)
    Oh my God, I totally forgot Prague existed until you mentioned it. Always wanted to go there.
    Its seriously amazing! Look into it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Edinburgh is recommended by me. Hogmanay to the scots is celebrated much more than Christmas. There will be pretty much everything, music, fire, and entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    vienna's amazing in my opinion - you watch the fireworks inside and out of city, and all these beautiful lights light up the gorgeous old buildings
    i love the atmosphere there the most, and its not tooo big

ReputationRep:
    I herd Germany is meant to be good! And its not too much to go there .
    I hope this has helped x:p:

ReputationRep:
    Reykjavik

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to everywhere that's been suggested so far.
    I thought about Edinburgh but my friend was having trouble finding a cheap place to stay two weeks ago, so it's probably going to be worse now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say definitely Edinburgh if you manage to find a place to stay, amazing city.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.