The Student Room Group

AQA A level Psychology Research Methods !

does anyone have any links to practice questions for skewed distributions, features of a science, measures of central tendency? or even a whole booklet of practice questions on all of research methods?
Reply 1
Original post by kimihana
does anyone have any links to practice questions for skewed distributions, features of a science, measures of central tendency? or even a whole booklet of practice questions on all of research methods?

Have you done all of the A Level and AS Level practice papers? I definitely remember doing a skewed distribution question when practicing last year so I'd look through the online papers for those questions and loads of other questions in the research methods sections of the papers.
Reply 2
Original post by anon033
Have you done all of the A Level and AS Level practice papers? I definitely remember doing a skewed distribution question when practicing last year so I'd look through the online papers for those questions and loads of other questions in the research methods sections of the papers.

yes i've done all the previous A level and AS level practice papers. It's just that I need more questions on them.
Reply 3
Original post by kimihana
yes i've done all the previous A level and AS level practice papers. It's just that I need more questions on them.

"physics and maths tutor" have some questions by topic - even if you've already done some of them you can see if you've improved.

one of the distribution questions asked you to sketch a graph I think - I searched for it and places like the Sutton academy or something have booklets of questions but no idea which exam board they were. I could try and find the specific ones I did if you're really stuck?

when we did practice questions for homework, they would take questions from multiple papers and put them together - I don't think the questions I'm thinking of are from an actual RM paper, they were from another paper that just included RM. so maybe look through papers of options you didn't take checking for RM questions?

there are also videos out there too if you're worried about content. physics and maths tutor do them, and crash course psychology too. and I'm sure loads more. if you've done loads of practice and work, you're probably in a good position for exams.
Reply 4
Original post by anon033
"physics and maths tutor" have some questions by topic - even if you've already done some of them you can see if you've improved.

one of the distribution questions asked you to sketch a graph I think - I searched for it and places like the Sutton academy or something have booklets of questions but no idea which exam board they were. I could try and find the specific ones I did if you're really stuck?

when we did practice questions for homework, they would take questions from multiple papers and put them together - I don't think the questions I'm thinking of are from an actual RM paper, they were from another paper that just included RM. so maybe look through papers of options you didn't take checking for RM questions?

there are also videos out there too if you're worried about content. physics and maths tutor do them, and crash course psychology too. and I'm sure loads more. if you've done loads of practice and work, you're probably in a good position for exams.

physicsandmathstutor doesn't have specific questions on the topics I'm asking for and my teacher already gave me RM questions from other papers to do which we have already completed in class. Although, we did this, the topics I'm asking for have rarely appeared which is why I'm asking if there are anymore sites that have practice questions on them that I have not had yet accessed.

Quick Reply