Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is an 8 yr age difference between us. I am the older person (female) and we are at the same uni and societies. When I first saw him I completely ignored him. I knew he was attracted to me as he headed in my direction when he saw me. I guess I knew i was attracted to him too hence choosing to ignore. I would pref to be friends with him though. He is in my head a lot and I know if we are ever alone I might not be as strong. How can I get him out of my head?

ReputationRep:
    Avoid seeing him/contacting him until you aren't attracted to him anymore?

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea about unis, seeing as im 15, but is it possible to have an 8yr difference? unless your a teacher?

ReputationRep:
    Keep yourself busy and try to avoid him..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is an 8 yr age difference between us. I am the older person (female) and we are at the same uni and societies. When I first saw him I completely ignored him. I knew he was attracted to me as he headed in my direction when he saw me. I guess I knew i was attracted to him too hence choosing to ignore. I would pref to be friends with him though. He is in my head a lot and I know if we are ever alone I might not be as strong. How can I get him out of my head?
    I'm in a very similar situation to you...except the guy I like I'm pretty sure doesnt feel the same way, or even suspect that I like him. It's really been messing my head up, my grades have plummeted from being top of the class to just average etc.

Basically, if you feel it's unfeasible to start a relationship with this guy (after all, does age really matter if you like each other?) then the only thing you can do is avoid him until you start to regain your composure.

Unfortunately there is no way to turn off your emotions so you're just gonna have to grit your teeth and sit this one out...good luck (and if you wanna chat further PM me cos I really can identify with your problem :yep: )

ReputationRep:
    What's the big issue here? You both like each other, why try to fight it? Unless it's the age gap, but hot piss, that **** is irrelevant, don't let it stop you getting what you want
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    What's the big issue here? You both like each other, why try to fight it? Unless it's the age gap, but hot piss, that **** is irrelevant, don't let it stop you getting what you want
    remind me to rep you for that phrase. i can only rep you again in 16 days

ReputationRep:
    Just f*** him..x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlackBackLazy)
    i have no idea about unis, seeing as im 15, but is it possible to have an 8yr difference? unless your a teacher?
    Perhaps the OP is a mature student?. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, as i said, i know nothing of university

Tbh I am pretty scared of getting near him as he is a fresher and prob just wants to mess about. He is also very attractive and judging from his facebook wall gets a lot of loving from the girls. I told him I was 27 and after his initial surprise just kept chatting. I catch him watching me as well. I cant avoid him much as we are in the same socs and going on a trip soon

(Original post by Evenstar)
    I'm in a very similar situation to you...except the guy I like I'm pretty sure doesnt feel the same way, or even suspect that I like him. It's really been messing my head up, my grades have plummeted from being top of the class to just average etc.

Basically, if you feel it's unfeasible to start a relationship with this guy (after all, does age really matter if you like each other?) then the only thing you can do is avoid him until you start to regain your composure.

Unfortunately there is no way to turn off your emotions so you're just gonna have to grit your teeth and sit this one out...good luck (and if you wanna chat further PM me cos I really can identify with your problem :yep: )

I'm in a similar situation too, he's older than me.
    But I can't avoid him cos he's a housemate, I think he's moving out soon though so hopefully things will be easier then.

Fingers crossed we'll all find some nice "suitable" men.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.