Choosing My A Levels Watch

boatsgoplaces
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have to pick 4 subjects to do and so far I'm thinking of doing English Literature, Biology and Photography. I'd also like to do History but with the way my school has set it out, I can't. So now I have to think of a fourth subject but I don't particulary want to do any of them. I was thinking of asking the head of sixth form if it's possible to have another History class at another time so I could do my four options but the only way that will go ahead is if 19 other people also want another history class.

Other subjects I've been thinking of doing as my fourth option are Psychology, Media Studies or Music. I'm doing Music GCSE at the moment and I play 2 insturments at grade 6 and grade 7 but I just don't feel like there's maybe much point in getting an as or a level in it and a part of me just really doesn't want to do it. So I was wondering what people thought of these three subjects to do at a level, whether they're any good, if there's a lot of work involved etc.

Thank you to any replies
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What do you intend to do in the future?
boatsgoplaces
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
What do you intend to do in the future?
I honestly don't know so I'd like to keep my options open
*Harps_T*
Report 9 years ago
Hey Im currently taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, I really enjoy all of them, psychology I find is starting to become more interesting and has the least amount of work to be honest. Stick with biology its really interesting Im sure you will enjoy it! History I heard is really hard, some of my friends find it boring. Perhaps you should go to taster sessions...?
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by boatsgoplaces)
I honestly don't know so I'd like to keep my options open
Well, consider first what universities you'd want to go to; as some blacklist subjects such as media.
If that's not a bother to you, go for the one you most like. I can give vague info on psychology and media studies.
Fizzee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do music and there's nothing wrong with it, even though it's the last subject you would think for my course i will do at uni. If you're good at it then you will find it easy.
pow!
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you want to keep your options open, and are unsure of what to take, i suggest you do maths.
Last edited by pow!; 9 years ago
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (216)
91.91%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (19)
8.09%

Watched Threads